A couple more today.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was my day off, the wheather was nice, so time to go detecting. I got back to another site that has given up a couple of coins over the years. Today I was able to get acouple more nice tokens, the button is a little different, and the other small brass item I think was part of some early necklace, maybe. I can't wait to get back out again, but work comes first.HH IMG_1328.jpgIMG_1330.jpgIMG_1331.jpgIMG_1324.jpgIMG_1325.jpg

Upvote 1
Those are awesome finds , and great job cleaning them up ....

There is a cord that is worn on the shoulder of some military uniforms. I can't remember what they're called but I remember that mine was infantry blue. The cords have brass end pieces that the cord goes through. Could your small brass piece be one of those cord end pieces? It put me in mind of them and they have been around for centuries. Nice bunch of finds.

Chuck

Cool finds and love that button!!

There is a cord that is worn on the shoulder of some military uniforms. I can't remember what they're called but I remember that mine was infantry blue. The cords have brass end pieces that the cord goes through. Could your small brass piece be one of those cord end pieces? It put me in mind of them and they have been around for centuries. Nice bunch of finds.

Chuck

Thanks, if you have any pictures that would be great. Thanks

Thanks, if you have any pictures that would be great. Thanks

The word I was looking for is fourragère. You can find a bunch of images of them HERE. Your small piece might be the sliding piece above the end piece, not the end piece itself. At least, that's what it reminds me of, and there were a number of variations.

Chuck

Congratulation!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back