A couple of bases today

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
I went a diggin in the ol'midden today..Found a flake knife,& two bases.The Nolen base is a first for me at this site.Overall still a good day...
IMG_5480-1.jpg

IMG_5485-1.jpg

IMG_5484-1.jpg

IMG_5482-1.jpg

IMG_5481-1.jpg

Thanx for lookin gang....Neo

Upvote 0

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
The un-stemmed (uniface) one is a "backed blade." The flat edge at more or less a right angle to the working edge allowed bearing pressure to be exerted on it without having to use padding of some sort.

Nice tool ! :headbang:

OP
OP
Neogeo

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
Thanx ya'll..I seem to find more tips then bases.And they come in waves too...Tips one trip,bases the next.Weird..

A backed blade....cool I have a few of those,I will have to dig them out & display them..Thanx for the info. :hello:

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
neo, you have pretty good luck
do you ever find stuff up by round rock or pflugerville???
larson

OP
OP
Neogeo

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
irbaddadjoe said:
To me , broken pieces are as good as full ones. They were held by ancient man. Love it.

I hear ya...I realy like the broke stuff(and tools -same reason).Whole points are nice don't get me wrong.But brokes have more of a back story to me.Like how did it break?Was it left in the meat while it was cooked(they get all pocked up)To me whole points talk of the culture that made it,but tools and brokes speak of the people that made made the culture.

Larson-I get out there sometimes,but not often.Pretty good diggin......Neo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread