A couple of items for your perusal......pics....

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 1982 no P 001.JPG
    1982 no P 001.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 363
  • 1982 no P 004.JPG
    1982 no P 004.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 362
Upvote 0
How much does one of those '82 no "fg" coins go for in that kind of condition? awesome find! still looking for my first one. hh

Buffalo....not a whole lot....maybe $10.

Funny that you mention this, but I just pulled an 82 no FG in XF/AU the other day. One must luck closely as any subtle indication of the F or the G doesn't cut it. When you've found one, then the indicators (mushy tail feathers) are apparent. In mint state, they can fetch $75 and up. There is one on eBay that is a BIN for $125 in MS64. In circulated grades, it is an easy $10 perhaps $20.

Diver, I knew what I had without even looking at the reverse. My 2nd one. The lettering on the obverse is much thinner, maybe even smaller than a normal 1982-p......

cdickrun64 said:
Diver, I knew what I had without even looking at the reverse. My 2nd one. The lettering on the obverse is much thinner, maybe even smaller than a normal 1982-p......

Once you know the indicators, then you don't have to analyze every 82-P with a loupe. There are other no FG's to look for: 72-D, 73-P, and the 66.

Congrats on a nice find. I have recently started looking for a No FG... Thanks for the good info on this thread.

I'll leave all mine for you.

If it doesn't have a silver rim, it hits the cull bucket pronto.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back