What's new

A couple of whatz its...

mcmich

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
407
Reaction score
190
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Found these at an old state park. Lots of history around here being one of the older towns in Michigan. The one item appears to be a tool handle or maybe a handle for some type of farm instrument? The buckel type thing does not appear to be too old, looks art deco? Maybe a buckle for a hat? This still has a piece of leather stuck on the clip in the back. Also found a 1944 nickel, strange but I swear it is plated silver. Its flaking off in spots. Has the "P" mint mark. Need a better camera to post that one. Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • IM000246.webp
    IM000246.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 268
  • IM000247.webp
    IM000247.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 265
  • IM000248.webp
    IM000248.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 270
I agree to the ID posted above. Also I will add that the wartime nickel you mentioned isn't silver plated, it is 40% silver in content. There was silver in the wartime nickels. I guess yours could be silver plated on top of that as well....but I wanted to mention the nickel contains silver.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom