cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold would have made it better, but, I'm not complaining. It still amazes me how conditions can change on a beach from one hunt to another. I've detected this beach several times in the past and had good luck there, but, this time I found more silver coins (2 Roosie's and 6 Mercs) than all past hunts combined. Add $8 in change, 5 rings (all junk unfortunately) 5 hot wheels, 3 keys, shell casings from the WW2 and Korea eras, foreign coins, wheat cents, etc, and it was a fun day. One of the Mercs is a 1916 and has a mint mark......an S.....darn it!

Attachments

• nov16finds.jpg
    nov16finds.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 15

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your nice recoveries …you are doing very good this season

Cuda74

Jan 9, 2021
North Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec II, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold would have made it better, but, I'm not complaining. It still amazes me how conditions can change on a beach from one hunt to another. I've detected this beach several times in the past and had good luck there, but, this time I found more silver coins (2 Roosie's and 6 Mercs) than all past hunts combined. Add $8 in change, 5 rings (all junk unfortunately) 5 hot wheels, 3 keys, shell casings from the WW2 and Korea eras, foreign coins, wheat cents, etc, and it was a fun day. One of the Mercs is a 1916 and has a mint mark......an S.....darn it!
Good job. Nice day at the beach.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I have never seen silver coins dug from a beach that have no "beach patina" My guess is all are recent drops. Lucky you!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that was a lot of scoopin' - Congrats!!!:skullflag:

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bunch of good stuff!! Did my first detecting in the Seal Beach area in the 60's. Found alot of the old bullets and casings.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! Those Mercs are in nice shape!!

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never seen silver coins dug from a beach that have no "beach patina" My guess is all are recent drops. Lucky you!
I think this section of beach must have received some sand from somewhere. The depths of some targets were a bit strange. One merc was at least a foot down, but, most of the silver and the wheats were in the first scoop of dry sand. I also dug pull tabs and modern coins deeper than the silver/wheats. What's also strange is that were no nickels, quarters, or anything bigger that I would have expected to find too. The wheaties have a bit of corrosion, but, the silver was very clean right out of the ground. Maybe been there a year or so just by their appearance. There was some construction going on nearby on a beach lot, so, I'm thinking maybe they dumped some of their extra sand from that site onto this beach. It's just that this beach doesn't really look any different than it has in the past, so, there couldn't have been a lot of sand dumped, but, maybe just a light load with the goodies in it. It's a puzzler, but, whatever the reason, I'm good!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!!! Congrats!!!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You really aced that hunt!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread