A Decent Eagle Button

Missouri_John

Nov 27, 2006
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I found this general service eagle button at the "marble field" today. I usually just walk around and eyeball marbles on the surface, but i decided to bring the detector with me today, and it payed off. The button has a "Quality" backmark on it IMG_0511.JPG

Upvote 0
thats a nice looking button, ive never seen one of those before :icon_thumright:

Eye balling marbles huh? Never tried that, congratulations on the button.

Nice,whats the back mark say,maybe you can get a date by that!?

"Nice,whats the back mark say,maybe you can get a date by that!?"

There was a company name on the back, just the word "Quality". Either way, its a Civil War era button by the type of eagle on it

Sorry I missed that at the bottom of your post.There are such slight variances,and so many types,its hard to keep track!

Missouri_John said:

There was a company name on the back, just the word "Quality". Either way, its a Civil War era button by the type of eagle on it
no offense but they used that type of eagle up into the 1870's. 1878 I think. The backmark is more than likely EXTRA QUALITY and that button is more than likely civil war

vayank54 said:
Missouri_John said:

no offense but they used that type of eagle up into the 1870's. 1878 I think. The backmark is more than likely EXTRA QUALITY and that button is more than likely civil war
Thats kind of what I thought :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back