A different kind of treasure. (even some silver)

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
I was fortunate to be able to help an older friend of mine dispose of property left by previous tenants of one of his rental properties, the stuff was stored for several years and he needed the room for more tenants stuff, again left behind.

For my help, he allowed me to take a few things including the books pictured below. I love reading, I especially love reading anything/everything related to American history. I hit the "jackpot" with all the books
I saved (he would have tossed them...all) from the dumpster. These are just a few of the books.

Found a bit of silver as well, both of these necklaces were inside a small envelope taped to the inside cover of one of the books, the silver chain is marked "8u" inside a circle, 925 Italy (separate from the circle)

Like the title says, a different kind of treasure but one I`ll appreciate for a very long time. :icon_sunny:

(Some of those books are first editions, some are no longer in print and most were very expensive when new)

Attachments

• books 150.jpg
    books 150.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 232
  • books 153.jpg
    books 153.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 229
Blacksheep,

you made out good. ;D

Silver is always nice. :wink:

Books are everything.

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

Great find in your book. This happen to me about 20 years ago. I got some magazines from a yard sale and in one them I found a $20 dollar bill. Treasure come in all kind of places. Happy reading.....Matt

Nice stuff, I'd have accepted the same type of gift for help rendered, and have on more than one occasion. What is the one book about that says skills on the bottom I can't quite make it out.
Panelman

panelman said:
Nice stuff, I'd have accepted the same type of gift for help rendered, and have on more than one occasion. What is the one book about that says skills on the bottom I can't quite make it out.
Panelman

That particular book is "Primitive living", a book about living off the land. Apologies for the somewhat blurry pics.

Some of my best finds have been books. One of my fav's is this old "History of Texas" from 1890's. See the imprint of period coinage that was hidden in the book during travel. Bandits didn't have much use for books so if kept a few bundled they'd get overlooked.

Attachments

• bookprint.gif
    bookprint.gif
    85.3 KB · Views: 141
  • bookprint.gif
    bookprint.gif
    85.3 KB · Views: 148
Lowbatts said:
Some of my best finds have been books. One of my fav's is this old "History of Texas" from 1890's. See the imprint of period coinage that was hidden in the book during travel. Bandits didn't have much use for books so if kept a few bundled they'd get overlooked.

That,,is cool. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back