What's new

A discussion on remote viewing

The problem with testing in randomised blinded or even double-blinded experiments is ‘unblinding’. The purpose of blinding is to ensure that those being tested are unaware whether they are receiving true treatment (such as a drug known to have a positive effect), or a placebo (that should have no effect). In addition, such tests usually (or should, if well-designed) include a control group who receive no treatment at all, for statistical comparison.
Dowsing tests have the "control group" built-in to the protocol. The test compares dowsing results with that of random chance guessing, and the random chance guessing is the control group. For anyone who does not believe that guessing produces a certain statistical distribution, then what you could do is add a bunch of guessers to the protocol and then compare the dowser's results to the guessers'. Yes, the dowser would know that they are the dowser and the guessers would know they are guessers, but the purpose of the test is to determine a particular person's dowsing claims. There is no way to test that without the dowser knowing they are the dowser, nor is there any need.
 
Dowsing tests have the "control group" built-in to the protocol. The test compares dowsing results with that of random chance guessing, and the random chance guessing is the control group. For anyone who does not believe that guessing produces a certain statistical distribution, then what you could do is add a bunch of guessers to the protocol and then compare the dowser's results to the guessers'. Yes, the dowser would know that they are the dowser and the guessers would know they are guessers, but the purpose of the test is to determine a particular person's dowsing claims. There is no way to test that without the dowser knowing they are the dowser, nor is there any need.

Sure, but I was responding to a specific question about the the Placebo effect in medicine, which requires a substantially different testing regime than assessing dowsing ability.
 
Sure, but I was responding to a specific question about the the Placebo effect in medicine, which requires a substantially different testing regime than assessing dowsing ability.
I probably am guilty for hijacking the thread. Sorry for that.
 
I probably am guilty for hijacking the thread. Sorry for that.
I think Red-Coat helped identifying these finds


 
Here is my thread for thanks, spent part of a season working with him on satellite images privately.



Img_8142.webp



Img_8152.webp



Img_8148 (1).webp
 
Last edited:
Red-Coat a wealth of information and always ready to share!
 
I’m sorry I ever posted this thread. I just watched one of her videos. I’m not saying remote viewing can’t possibly work but the weak link is how they try to interpret their findings, what false conclusions they come to. Definitely borders on mental illness. Same thing happened in Star Gate program.

The US government had a remote viewing program called Star Gate where they had the most talented psychics in the country and that program was cancelled. That should be all you need to know. Just think of all the wasteful programs that have been allowed to continue and they cancelled Star Gate.
 
Last edited:
I’m sorry I ever posted this thread. I just watched one of her videos. I’m not saying remote viewing can’t possibly work but the weak link is how they try to interpret their findings, what false conclusions they come to. Definitely borders on mental illness. Same thing happened in Star Gate program.

The US government had a remote viewing program called Star Gate where they had the most talented psychics in the country and that program was cancelled. That should be all you need to know. Just think of all the wasteful programs that have been allowed to continue and they cancelled Star Gate.
Wait, you posted this almost a week ago and didn’t even watch the video you posted?! I got just minutes into it and saw what I needed to see.
 
Psychic abilities are something you need to develop and maintain.
 
Wait, you posted this almost a week ago and didn’t even watch the video you posted?! I got just minutes into it and saw what I needed to see.
It was a different video about Erika Kirk
 
It was a different video about Erika Kirk
I see. Her husband’s death aside (horrible thing), she seems at first glance to have self esteem issues. I’m very leary about large entertainment based churches in general. It’s big $$ and with that comes corruption. I didn’t know she was a remote viewer, but it wouldn’t surprise me. I’m sure GOD spoke directly to her.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom