What's new

A dream bag of.....quarters???? 01-12-2009

GMan00001

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
2,539
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Location
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped by one of my pickup banks at the end of the day today instead of tomorrow morning like I usually do.

They had a $1000 bag of quarters and $50 bag of pennies. I normally don't take quarters, but I figured...ah...what the h*ll, why not...

I started doing a quick edge search thtough the quarters and didn't really find much right away. Then out popped a nice 1963 Washington....cool...first one of the year.

And then after I was over half way through the bag I dug my hand to the bottom and grabbed a handful and out popped a 1940....double cool.

Well, a few more popped out after that....

Ended up with 10....yes...10 silver washington quarters out of the same $1000 bag and in the process hit my goal of 10 silver quarters for the year... ;D

10 pre-1965 Washington (1934 Heavy Motto(2), 1935(2), 1937, 1938, 1940(2), 1963, 1964)

5 Canadian (1975, 1985, 2000 Achievement, 2003-P Uncrowned, 2006-P)

2 Chuck E Cheese Tokens (1997, 2001) LOL

Honestly, I can't tell if both of the 1934's are Heavy Motto as on one the motto is all but worn off (I can barely see the E of "WE" but that is about it.)

Also found a 2001-P KY quarter than has absolutely no copper showing....just odd.

I'll do the pennies later....hoping for the best.. :)
 
Upvote 0
Wow, lots of shiney silver quarters. Very nice, sounds like you may be doing more soon :)
 
Awesome finds!! i love silver quarters i have found 1 this year, and i usually don't search quarters either :D well best of luck on the pennies HH
 
that is an awesome score for quarters....got some oldies in there too....you lucky dog...bet you won't be passing them up in the future... :thumbsup:
i usually only pick them up if they are handrolls
 
WTG GMan, nice score :thumbsup:
 
Awesome finds there gman ! Can some photos be far away ??

Much better than my finding a single 62d quarter in a partial bag ($336) last week.

Kudos.
 
GMAN the silver quarter King so far in 2009!!! Whoo Hooo!

-Golden Silver
 
Whw that is awesome!!!! Congrats bud!!!! :thumbsup:
 
wow, nice

HH
-GC
 
Looks like a dream bag to me!

-Codes
 
Damn near a dream bag for quarters!!

Congrats!
 
i admire you. i don't have the patience to do quarters, they have never paid off for me
 
silvercop said:
i admire you. i don't have the patience to do quarters, they have never paid off for me

This was by far my best in one shot. I think I had one other time that $1000 produced 2. Usually its about 1 per $2000-$3000....
 
10. Pretty amazing. Good job. No. make that ... GREAT job.

:-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom