A Dream Hunt for Me!!!

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have said it before, but LC's in Michigan are hard to come by. Settlers didn't start in lower Michigan until the 1830's and it took years to get a good population going. I found 2 LC's last year and was pretty content with that. I have been on a pretty good roll and had 3 LC's so far this year. That is until last evening when a little of my winter research payed off on an old homesite. This one is a field site and I wanted to get to it before the field got planted. Earlier yesterday we hit an old homesite and didn't dig much but I pulled an 1889 IHP at the last second. After returning home I decided I wanted to hit another site and chose this one. I actually have a picture (drawing) of this homesite and know that the house was built in 1838 and was gone by the 1870's. The owner was fairly prominent and I had high hopes that I could get a good coin or two out of this one. Anyway, I got a few relics as well but the coins are as follows... 1817, 1828, 1832 (stamped T.B.), 1837 LC's and an 1844 Canadian Halfpenny Token. Thanks for looking!

100_2571.jpg

100_2551.jpg

100_2560.jpg

100_2561.jpg

100_2562.jpg

100_2563.jpg

100_2565.jpg

100_2564.jpg

Upvote 0
Really cool finds ya got there.

that would fall into my dream hunt category as well. LC's are almost non-existant in my neck of the woods.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Congrats!!! awesome finds! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: you sure are on a roll! got to love it when research pays off :thumbsup: keep it up! best of luck and HH

Holy smokes WH!!! :o Fantastic job on the LC's. :thumbsup: Congrats to you.
Any back mark on that button? :icon_scratch:
-MM-

WOW that is great mark i am going to have to get my knee fixed so i hunt at night with you. you are having a killer year so far. nice going keith

CWKEITH1 said:
WOW that is great mark i am going to have to get my knee fixed so i hunt at night with you. you are having a killer year so far. nice going keith
Thanks Keith! I love these late hunts. I dig mainly sound now and only check my screen occassionally and I don't have to worry about all of the onlookers when I am trying to concentrate. The weather was perfect last night and I had a blast. Now off to the next one but it may have to wait until this weekend?!?
ModernMiner said:
Holy smokes WH!!! :o Fantastic job on the LC's. :thumbsup: Congrats to you.
Any back mark on that button? :icon_scratch:
-MM-
Backmarks of the button are Orange Colour.
silverfreak said:
[email protected] W@W again. What a hunt. :thumbsup:
Thanks Bryce, that is what I was saying as the hunt progressed!
coltdavis said:
Congrats!!! awesome finds! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: you sure are on a roll! got to love it when research pays off :thumbsup: keep it up! best of luck and HH
Research can definitely pay off and I hope some of the other sites I am working towards will do the same.

I'd say !!!!! The counter-stamped one's are cool :thumbsup:

Pretty sweet stuff, its always cool to have an exciting day like this, it makes all the not so exciting days worth it!

John

I think those are all ones I dropped last summer while working in the corn fields, mind sending them to me? lol Excellent finds my firend! Your rockin!

HH
Slipperyjack47

I forgot to add this relic picture from the finds. It is an old spicket with a different design than I have seen before.

100_2574.jpg

That was a dream hunt....congrats on the finds and the awesome research.

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back