A few bottles

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
Hi,

I found two bottles at a yard sale a while back. I think I paid about $1 or $2 each. They each have a very faint seam on opposite sides. The green one is round and about 7" long and no writing or marks. The brown one is about 7 1/4" tall and has "PAUL JONES" in raised letters on the bottom. I also found a blue Bromo-seltzer bottle that's about 2 9/16 tall. It has raised letters on it that says:

BROMO-SELTZER
EMMERSON
DRUG CO.
BALTIMORE

The number "34" is on the bottom of the bottle.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Glenn

Attachments

• GREEN.JPG
    GREEN.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 331
  • PAUL_JONES.JPG
    PAUL_JONES.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 330
  • BROMO.JPG
    BROMO.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 338

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Glenn,

nice bottles

Paul Jones was a whiskey, google it. Love the blue glass, bromo is a common, google also for different types.

Have a good un.
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
top one looks real old, and it looks genuine and dug because it has the rusty metal part. The middle is probbly early 1900's because of the owens ring on the bottom, and as sherm said bromos are one of the more common cobalt blue glass bottles, Great finds!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
Glenn-RI

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
Thanks everyone!
The green one I bought off an on timer who has having a yard sale. It looks fairly old and there are quite a few bubbles in the glass.

Glenn

A

Angela (Australia)

The first bottle appears to be a wine or porter bottle, and as it has bubbles in the glass near the bottom, it could denote an earlier make, the bubbles are impefections which occur during glass blowing.
HH Angela

OP
OP
Glenn-RI

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
Hi Angela -

Thanks for the info. I noticed the bubbles and have a feeling that one's pretty old.

Glenn

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
the top bottle is possibly a beer or wine bottle from an old ship ....... they made the bottoms round so you coundn't set them down and fall off a table when the ship rolled or lurched to one side..... the wire around the neck is possibly because the would tie something around them and hang them to keep them from spilling

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread