What's new

A few coins and one nice silver surprise

Johncoho

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
2,862
Reaction score
7,292
Golden Thread
0
Location
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a compilation of 2 short hunts from yesterday and today. A few clad and an old hand made square nail. Also a whatsit. 2 wheats, 1917 and a crusty 1937. The 1934 Washington quarter was found after going back over a former location that I thought I had cleaned out. I started checking some iffy signals and got a pull tab/nickel under a large tree root. After digging it, out popped George. After reading some good info on the Discussion Forum about signals not being what they appear to be and how depth can mask or change what is actually in the ground. I have started to recheck some former digs. I have been detecting for 40 some odd years and always put way too much faith in what the readings told me they were. I will be digging all deeper signals from now on. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks! IMG_3073.webpIMG_3074.webpIMG_3075.webp
 
Upvote 22
Congrats on that silver Q. :icon_thumright: Never too late to learn, may you find some more keepers in those previously hunted sites.
 
Last edited:
If the site has produced then I would dig it all as long as there aren't thousands of pull tabs
 
the best finds sometimes appear after you pound a site a few times... good job by you!
 
Nice hunt. Silver Quarters are great to dig.
 
Nice finds! I need to start focusing on those iffy signals too!
 
Nice hunt!,sometimes those iffy targets turn out well..is it a deep nail or is it a deep coin?if you don't dig it you'll never know.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
Nice early Washington! Congratz!
 
Very nice quarter! I would be thrilled to have that........great job! :icon_thumleft:
 
Congratulations on the silver
 
Hello Johncoho,

Congratulations on the finds! Rethinking your hunting style will always produce more goodies.

In my experience the following is true; target ID, Depth meter, Icons all Lie...remember audio, audio and audio.

Regards,

Doc
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom