What's new

A few colonial digs and some gold

birdman

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
7,467
Reaction score
2,418
Golden Thread
1
Location
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I headed out this morning to an old home that was abandoned. Very high grass and lots of junk but one area of the yard was productive.
My first hit was a large button with a sailboat on it. Not sure how old it is but the button is brass and has the shank on the back.

Second good dig was a musket ball which is really what I wanted this trip so everything else was going to be a bonus.
The one that has me perplexed was a ring that I am almost positive that it's gold but it has no makers mark. It was about four inches deep and came out of the black soil with that shiny goodness that we all love. The eyes are diamonds but not sure if they are real.
It was a real good five hour hunt. I found part of a shoe buckle, four flat buttons wheat pennies and one 1862IH penny which is pretty crusty.

Also a few what's its that I will research. Gonna take the ring somewhere to have it tested. Pretty sure it's gold but not sure about the snake eyes.

Thanks for looking and hh. 20160712_211247.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20160712_203146.webp
    20160712_203146.webp
    171.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 20160712_203207.webp
    20160712_203207.webp
    139.7 KB · Views: 124
  • 20160712_203050.webp
    20160712_203050.webp
    155.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 20160712_203218.webp
    20160712_203218.webp
    130.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Upvote 20
wow, beautiful ring! I get you that is solid gold, and older! Keep us posted on the stones
 
Looks like gold to me bud. Nice find :thumbsup:
 
Sure looks like gold to me also. Who cares about the diamonds. Worthless anyway. Gold is where the money is at. Sweet ring
 
Nice ring that is a great find!!!!!
 
Love the snake ring
 
Great digs! Yea, the ring is a beauty!
Your other finds? I see an old tootsie toy car, some buttons.... And what is that? Looks like a colonial shoe buckle? I would be stunned if it was, coming from the Niceville area.... I'm curious as to what it is...
 
Great digs! Yea, the ring is a beauty!
Your other finds? I see an old tootsie toy car, some buttons.... And what is that? Looks like a colonial shoe buckle? I would be stunned if it was, coming from the Niceville area.... I'm curious as to what it is...
Not much oldies in Niceville. I am in Massachusetts on vacation.
 
Last edited:
It looks like gold to me
 
Very nice ring, awesome shoe buckle inner assembly and other assorted relics! :occasion14:
 
Cool ring, and I hope the eyes are the real deal!
 
The buckle innards are great but that ring is stunning. You're on a bit of a roll lately. Keep it going!
 
SNAKE RINGS HAVE BEEN FOUND BY MANY IN MA. THE LAST FEW YEARS - MOST HAVE BEEN FROM 1700s OR 1800s
DO NOT SELL FOR SCRAP - THAT IS A VERY COLLECTIBLE RING - WORTH MORE THAN THE GOLD VALUE
gold banner.webp
 
SNAKE RINGS HAVE BEEN FOUND BY MANY IN MA. THE LAST FEW YEARS - MOST HAVE BEEN FROM 1700s OR 1800s
DO NOT SELL FOR SCRAP - THAT IS A VERY COLLECTIBLE RING - WORTH MORE THAN THE GOLD VALUE
View attachment 1336044
Very glad you told me that. The house I dug the ring at was built In 1755. Great informati:occasion14:


Casper, just looked them up and found one very similar for sale for 800 bucks. Pretty cool, apparently they were popular in the Victorian period.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom