What's new

A few cool finds today..

PhillyMike68

Full Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
229
Reaction score
430
Golden Thread
0
Location
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, AT PRO, XP DEUS,CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Old padlock made by "Miller" and a 1914 John Wanamaker token with John Tyler on the front that says "12th annual drawing competition" Good finds for only 2 hours... I've never seen these tokens before and I couldn't find to much info on the internet. Thanks for looking.. IMG_9076.webpIMG_9068.webpIMG_9071.webpIMG_9069.webp
 
Upvote 16
outstanding.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
I know there was a Wanamaker Department Store in Philadelphia. I found one of their early brass credit card/tags a few years ago. Might be a promotional token.
Congrats on your finds.
 
Very cool finds, those old locks are the coolest, well next to old tokens. If I had dug that token, I'd swear I had a old LC, the wreath would have had me thinking it was one.
 
Those are really nice finds. I like finding old silver and coppers, but after that finding tokens and cool old locks are right up there on the list. Way to go.
 
Very nice. I like those old padlocks.
 
Very cool finds, those old locks are the coolest, well next to old tokens. If I had dug that token, I'd swear I had a old LC, the wreath would have had me thinking it was one.
Thats the first thing i thought, LC! It was about a foot deep in muck and mud and when i saw the wreath, I thought for sure i had a LC. I love the old tokens..
 
John Wanamaker and Wanamaker & Brown Tokens and Medals. Wanamaker issued a wide variety of advertising tokens as well as tokens used as contest prizes. Included are: first annual drawing competition George Washington portrait 1903 (35mm - as are all subsequent drawing competition medals). Green fiber - 1st seen in fiber; 4th competition, 1906, John Adams portrait in badge form, drop white metal; 7th competition, 1909, James Monroe portrait, white metal; 9th competition, 1911, badge form, drop white metal; 12th competition, 1914, John Tyler portrait, white metal; 13th competition, 1915, James K. Polk portrait, white metal; 14th competition, 1916, Zachary Taylor portrait, white metal; 15th competition, 1917, Millard Fillmore portrait (2 white metal, brass); 20th competition, 1932, Chester A. Arthur portrait, brass; National Competition Music Festival Awarded 1910; 10 smaller tokens picturing presidents, Santa Claus, Indians, Kaiser Wilhelm, and Wanamakers Philadelphia store. Embossed shellcard, picturing Napoleon, issued for 34th anniversary, 1876-1910
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom