What's new

A Few Georgia Finds

dasabighole

Full Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2006
Messages
230
Reaction score
171
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Nautilus / Tesoro/T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found between Macon and Savannah. I live in North Alabama now and the material is a lot better. These are just some commons. I sold my best Ga. stuff before I moved. Thought they should staw in the state where found. I sure miss them though.
 

Attachments

  • new pics 167.webp
    new pics 167.webp
    142.9 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 0
They had to be good to make something out of that old quartz
 
Nice collection. I would have a hard time getting rid of any of my finds, but then I have only found about 5 intact points. & I gave away 2 of those! (my son-out-law deserved them) I will be going to Savannah this spring, can you message me some pointers on where to look? Though I will probably spend most of my time at the beach.
 
real nice and the one in the middle is very nice:icon_thumleft:
 
You will like North Alabama. That is the cradle of life for old stuff! haha
 
I grew up in Metter which is between Macon and Savannah. In which counties were those found?
 
I grew up in Metter which is between Macon and Savannah. In which counties were those found?
Most of the quartz are from up on the Piedmont, Bibb, Jones, Monroe, Butts, an Jasper. The white lookin ones like you find down your way are from Twiggs,Pulaski,Bleckley,and Houston, Chatham,Liberty. I hunted a little east of Metter, I got brain lock cant think of the name, near a river with lots of artiesion springs the RR runs through it. Well I just gave up my best countys!!
 
That's a beautiful frame thanks for the view !!!!!!;)
 
I always enjoy finding a quartz one. It amazes me why in the world they would use it when there was flint around.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom