What's new

a few more shaft abraders

larson1951

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
4,974
Reaction score
3,894
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
a small sample of thesefor study
you can see the ones that got worn out and broke
the biggest two sided one must have been for a larger implement IMG_1850.webpIMG_1851.webpIMG_1852.webpIMG_1853.webpIMG_1854.webpIMG_1855.webpIMG_1857.webpIMG_1856.webp
 
Upvote 0
:thumbsup: Very nice! The bottom two photo's of the larger abrader, I assume is a little rarer to find?
 
Those are very cool
 
yes they are harder to find
the one pictured would have been for a shaft about the diameter of a nickel
also, thanks john
 
Here's a few examples I have. The first three pictures are pieces from North Dakota via my good friend Larson and the last one, in the center of the Discs, is a personal find from a Ft Ancient site in southern Ohio.
 

Attachments

  • Mandan Artifacts (10).webp
    Mandan Artifacts (10).webp
    58.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Mandan Artifacts (11).webp
    Mandan Artifacts (11).webp
    54 KB · Views: 128
  • Mandan Artifacts (26).webp
    Mandan Artifacts (26).webp
    47.3 KB · Views: 107
  • Feurt Site Collection (7).webp
    Feurt Site Collection (7).webp
    108 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Oh of course you have some ..... wow that larsons a good guy :thumbsup: ......good stuff steve :icon_thumright:
 
Oh of course you have some ..... wow that larsons a good guy :thumbsup: ......good stuff steve :icon_thumright:

Yes he is. He is definitely one of the best people I have ever run into. Very down to Earth and I am honored to say I know him. We have done a few trades and he always hooks me up with some awesome pieces. I hope to one day make that trek to North Dakota so I can meet him in person and hunt his field with him.
 
pick me up on the way im sure hed love to meet me to lol
 
I really appreciate your sharing your experiential knowledge.....your many years of observations are better, in m opinion, than the strictly "scientific" knowledge of many archeologists...thanks! :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom