What's new

A FEW OLD METAL DETECTING MAGAZINES

history hunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
2,047
Reaction score
584
Golden Thread
0
Location
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
I was bored and thought you would like to see a few old MD magazines I happen to run across. I wish I would run across some of my early 1970's magazines. Well anyway, they are very interesting. HH

phpwbZcXQPM.webp
 

Attachments

  • phpFaUOAjPM.webp
    phpFaUOAjPM.webp
    104.2 KB · Views: 411
  • phpxBwgItPM.webp
    phpxBwgItPM.webp
    92 KB · Views: 393
  • php1KlImFPM.webp
    php1KlImFPM.webp
    71.4 KB · Views: 385
  • phpBgM5IdPM.webp
    phpBgM5IdPM.webp
    83.9 KB · Views: 391
  • phpWBHgmUPM.webp
    phpWBHgmUPM.webp
    103.6 KB · Views: 385
  • php3HMV3hPM.webp
    php3HMV3hPM.webp
    106.8 KB · Views: 384
I still have a box of those oldies laying around the house. Just can't bring myself to getting rid of them.
Mike
 
I too have some old W&E Treasure mags from the late 70's that I had since I was a kid. I would hang on to them. You will appreciate them as you age. Take care and nice pics. I always wanted a Compass when I was young. My Dad got me a White's Coinmaster and I did great with that ole TR detector in the Omaha, NE area.
 
Second pic..second from the right...that's my first detector!!!!
 
Cool mags. I couldn't find my old treasure mags from when I was first into it back in the mid 80's so I grabbed some off ebay. Sure gets the imagination going. :)
 
If you need some more I have bought and sold a ton of them on E-bay. There is always some listed. Great reading. I usually buy a pile of them, read them all front to back then turn around and sell them, some times I even make a profit so who knows. Take care. HH
 
We have that exact same green compass MD hanging in our garage, it has one button, on and off with volume. one tone, no disc, and goes down a whole 3 inches.

i seriously doubt that the items on the cover were found with that machine.
interesting post tho-

pro-
 
Yes!
I love the old mags I have been collecting all I can get my hands on.
I have bought 1,000's on ebay over the years. They make good reference material.

My oldest is Long John Latham's True Treasure Vol1,No1 Fall 1966

The ones I'm most proud of are GOLD! Published by Western Publications
I have the entire collection starting with Vol1,No1 published 1969
Ending with the last issue published Summer 1977.
These issues were a collection of the best treasure stories archived from the earliest issues of True West from the 1950's up until 1977 those stories are Great! :thumbsup:


I have a contest going where you can win a nice collection of Long John Latham's Lost Treasure magazines from the 70's starting with the very 1st issue Vol1,No1.
prizemags.webp

Here is the link: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,212054.0.html

Buddy~
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom