What's new

A few semi - familiar what is its.....

DirtyMike

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
898
Reaction score
106
Golden Thread
1
Location
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These look like things I have seen before but I just can't seem to figure them out now. Any ideas? :help: please....
 

Attachments

  • what are they relics 155.webp
    what are they relics 155.webp
    46.5 KB · Views: 502
  • what are they relics 156.webp
    what are they relics 156.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 491
  • what are they relics 157.webp
    what are they relics 157.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 478
  • what are they relics 159.webp
    what are they relics 159.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 494
  • what are they relics 160.webp
    what are they relics 160.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 494
  • what are they relics 162.webp
    what are they relics 162.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 493
  • what are they relics 165.webp
    what are they relics 165.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 476
  • what are they relics 168.webp
    what are they relics 168.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 487
  • what are they relics 167.webp
    what are they relics 167.webp
    51.8 KB · Views: 492
  • what are they relics 166.webp
    what are they relics 166.webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 502
  • what are they relics 164.webp
    what are they relics 164.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 485
Could the first one be the handle to a barrel tap spicket?
 
Upvote 0
The twisted piece reminds me of a rusted piece of a fence stay.
 

Attachments

  • 187062.webp
    187062.webp
    2.4 KB · Views: 408
Upvote 0
The top piece I am quite certain is pewter.
 
Upvote 0
#s 3,4,5 look like they might be tops of tubes,like toothpaste.etc. Jimbob
 
Upvote 0
jimbob450 said:
#s 3,4,5 look like they might be tops of tubes,like toothpaste.etc. Jimbob

Yep, #3, 4, 5 are tube tops for glue, toothpaste, etc. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
The spirally thing looks like an old spiral type window balance.
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
jimbob450 said:
#s 3,4,5 look like they might be tops of tubes,like toothpaste.etc. Jimbob

Yep, #3, 4, 5 are tube tops for glue, toothpaste, etc. Breezie

There is no hole in the top and no place for a lid to screw to. It has the shape but I don't think so.
 
Upvote 0
DirtyMike said:
Breezie said:
jimbob450 said:
#s 3,4,5 look like they might be tops of tubes,like toothpaste.etc. Jimbob

Yep, #3, 4, 5 are tube tops for glue, toothpaste, etc. Breezie

There is no hole in the top and no place for a lid to screw to. It has the shape but I don't think so.
And it feels lead.
 
Upvote 0
DirtyMike said:
Breezie said:
jimbob450 said:
#s 3,4,5 look like they might be tops of tubes,like toothpaste.etc. Jimbob

Yep, #3, 4, 5 are tube tops for glue, toothpaste, etc. Breezie

There is no hole in the top and no place for a lid to screw to. It has the shape but I don't think so.

Mmm, if you unflatten it, is it solid at the neck?
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
DirtyMike said:
Breezie said:
jimbob450 said:
#s 3,4,5 look like they might be tops of tubes,like toothpaste.etc. Jimbob

Yep, #3, 4, 5 are tube tops for glue, toothpaste, etc. Breezie

There is no hole in the top and no place for a lid to screw to. It has the shape but I don't think so.

Mmm, if you unflatten it, is it solid at the neck?

I t is hollow except where it gets skinny. There is no hole through the skinny (middle) part.
 
Upvote 0
DirtyMike said:
Breezie said:
DirtyMike said:
Breezie said:
jimbob450 said:
#s 3,4,5 look like they might be tops of tubes,like toothpaste.etc. Jimbob

Yep, #3, 4, 5 are tube tops for glue, toothpaste, etc. Breezie

There is no hole in the top and no place for a lid to screw to. It has the shape but I don't think so.

Mmm, if you unflatten it, is it solid at the neck?

I t is hollow except where it gets skinny. There is no hole through the skinny (middle) part.

looks like a pewter toy for a doll house or the like ie. a small tea cup for eample
 
Upvote 0
Here is a less corroded version of the first item:

SDC10575.jpg


SDC10576.jpg


I would say a bung or a spiggot of some sort.
 
Upvote 0
Do the flat pieces with handles look like they could have had some bristles or are there any tiny holes in rows? If so, they could be Victorian hair brushes. If not, maybe it is some type of flatware server, like a cake slicer & server. Breezie
 

Attachments

  • VictorianHairBrush.webp
    VictorianHairBrush.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 274
  • CakeServer.webp
    CakeServer.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 286
Upvote 0
I do see some small dents in rows but the crush is limiting what I can see. Maybe an animal comb of sorts?
 
Upvote 0
DirtyMike said:
I do see some small dents in rows but the crush is limiting what I can see. Maybe an animal comb of sorts?

Since you see dents in rows, I vote Victorian hair brush. The larger one could be the mirror. Generally the Vic. vanity sets came with a mirror, brush, and comb. As far as animal combs are concerned, most curry combs had/have short handles. Breezie
 

Attachments

  • VictorianVanitySet.webp
    VictorianVanitySet.webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 259
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom