What's new

A first for me.....hello 1800s!

jmginmd

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2004
Messages
62
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
A first for me.....hello 1800's!

I dug this on Sunday while out with Civilman at the house he found the Shilling at. My first and only Large Cent that I dug. Best I can tell it is a 1810. The last two digits were barely visible when dug and the first two digits are gone. The back looks to be in great condition all things considered. Enjoy....I know I did! Thanks again Joe!
 

Attachments

  • DSC01311A.webp
    DSC01311A.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 837
  • DSC01312A.webp
    DSC01312A.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 830
  • indexlight.webp
    indexlight.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 470
  • indexlighte.webp
    indexlighte.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 457
Upvote 0
Re: A first for me.....hello 1800's!

WOW!! Very nice! My oldest is a 1942 merc, I'm still lookin though! ;D
 
Re: A first for me.....hello 1800's!

Sweet find! I have yet to break the 18XX barrier. Here's wishing you many more!
Cheers,
Tyler
 
Re: A first for me.....hello 1800's!

The first is always the toughest. At least you got that out of the way.

Awesome find. i'm still waiting for my first 19th century coin.

very nice

xstevenx
 
Re: A first for me.....hello 1800's!

Congrats on the LC! HH, Mike
 
Re: A first for me.....hello 1800's!

Sure looks old! ;D
 
Re: A first for me.....hello 1800's!

Thanks everyone! I am hoping it cleans up a little more but I don't think there is much hope for the front cause it seems to be worn pretty flat. A better condition would be nice but I am definately not complaining. My oldest find previouse to this was a 1910 wheat. Nice to beat that by 100 years. If it cleans up any better I will post new pictures. Thanks again everyone, I wish you all a great year!
 
Re: A first for me.....hello 1800's!

Welcome to the 1800's club (dues are five dollars a week and you can pay it directly too me :D)

Good Job

HH
-GC
 
Re: A first for me.....hello 1800's!

Congrats on your first! I don't think we have any coins that old here but that doesn't keep me from lookin'.
WTG
 
Re: A first for me.....hello 1800's!

DiggerBug said:
Congrats on your first! I don't think we have any coins that old here but that doesn't keep me from lookin'.
WTG
Hey Digger....Civil....That was the last date I would have thought of at this place,My buddy said the house was built in 1890 (round about) There are some old 1700's place's within walking distance.....You just never know....Justin did good.....
 
Re: A first for me.....hello 1800's!

Great find Justin, congratulations!!! You'll find yours Joe ;)

kenb
 
Re: A first for me.....hello 1800's!

texan connection said:
Jeez, Talk about smokin the 1900 barrier, I still dont think there is a lg cent in Texas to be found. I hope I am proved wrong soon, Way to Grow!!

I will be coming to Texas this summer when the Yankees visit the Rangers.

I promise to bury a LC when I get there. Now there will be at LEAST 1 to be found. ;D
 
Re: A first for me.....hello 1800's!

Hey That is an extrordinary date to find. The copper used from 1808-1814 was inferior quality. Although none of the dates are rare, they are hard to find in nice condition.

That is not bad condition considering the year!

WTG!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom