EnvoyToTheMolePeople
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Oct 1, 2018
- Messages
- 442
- Reaction score
- 690
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Western PA, Northern NJ
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett AT Max
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
There is text on the reverse, but nothing I can read. If it were mine I would try a few different things to try and read it, but since it isn't, I can't.First impression of the "horse" is a knight chess board piece. To the right of it there appears to be a ladder standing on something horizontal. Is there any letters on the reverse - possibly at 6 o'clock? If so, what are they?
Elements of the design remind me of livery buttons from the UK.
That would be something you could check out
First impression of the "horse" is a knight chess board piece. To the right of it there appears to be a ladder standing on something horizontal. Is there any letters on the reverse - possibly at 6 o'clock? If so, what are they?
I agree it looks like a livery button. I just found this Facebook page where experts will help identify them-
Livery Buttons and Badges
www.facebook.com
My wild guess is maybe the Jacob family...? They have a greyhound and a ladder (i.e. Jacob's ladder) associated. But an expert opinion is recommended and from just looking at that page quickly they seem to really know their stuff.
I was hoping you would show up, Redcoat. You've always got good info. I'll go check out the previously mentioned facebook page.Agree it's family crest/livery related and it does appear to be something horse-like plus a ladder. Usually when you have two crests together, each on their own torse, it's when two families who each have their own arms have inter-married. The family crest for the male side of the lineage will usually be on the left. Lots of possibilities for both of those crests, which makes them difficult to track without having a full armorial or any mottoes.