What's new

A foot scraped off road side.

worldtalker

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
21,617
Reaction score
31,162
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I have hunted this park relentlessly for years,the town was doing a bit of work on the side of the road,so...."do you care if I hunt this?" "sure have at it". Ended up with a 1935 merc.1919 wheatie
a silver something,and a brass thingy with a ceramic center,absolutely no idea what is is.

Tomorrow is another day,where to hunt next.:laughing7:


GOD Bless

Chris
 

Attachments

  • K1024_002.webp
    K1024_002.webp
    112 KB · Views: 291
  • K1024_013.webp
    K1024_013.webp
    117.2 KB · Views: 260
  • K1024_010.webp
    K1024_010.webp
    57 KB · Views: 278
  • K1024_011.webp
    K1024_011.webp
    105.8 KB · Views: 244
Upvote 48
Nice silver Chris!

They dug up city hall plaza here and wouldn't you know it, it was off limits fenced and posted! Even the place they hauled the dirt to was off limits!
All I could do was drive by and drool!

I would still ask and see if I could get "special permission". Very special.
 
I like the silver "thingy" bud 8-)
 
the rusty item looks a lot like a union civil war knap sack hook design --but their normally lead --maybe a post war "fancy type" after civil war ---civilian back pack hook?

or maybe a hat / stick pin?
 
Last edited:
Very elegant little silver treasure! :thumbsup:
 
I wish they would at least let people poke around where they are just dumping extra fill dirt - I know they wouldn't want people in foundations and etc -maybe some of dirt will get used somewhere - a park or something - Im sure most of it is going to be so full or iron and trash - Id like to see what gets dug up when they dig around the armory(!!)
 
I think the item you are asking about could be a hair or hat pin. I found a sterling one last year , the pin part that went through the hat and hair was missing but it looks like it was made out of iron. Perhaps your item is a less ornate hat pin, with the iron partially intact and bend. The pin part was usually fairly long. Just a guess.
 

Attachments

  • 20141220_163935.webp
    20141220_163935.webp
    61.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 20141220_163958.webp
    20141220_163958.webp
    79.5 KB · Views: 86
Hi WT I found one of those Trumpet slide/push buttons once(German silver with pearl inlay), only mine was minus the metal it screwed into, nice variety there bro !! :occasion14: Love the silver broach too 8-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom