What's new

A good day with a standout find! CSA SADDLE SHIELD

kyphote

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
585
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joined three friends today at a farm in Central Virginia. The saddle shield was the very first thing we dug and the bus was the very last. My friends were divided as to whether the bus is Civil War era. Two of them swear they saw it in Crouch's book. Great hunt and perfect weather!!
 

Attachments

  • March27.webp
    March27.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 3,354
  • cs_saddle.webp
    cs_saddle.webp
    34 KB · Views: 3,324
Upvote 2
Love the shield. Congrats!
 
Darn it, this find needs to be on the Banner. :sign13:
 
BuckleBoy said:
Darn it, this find needs to be on the Banner. :sign13:

BANNER BANNER BANNER-I will never live long enough to find one of those in that condition. Next to a CSA plate or Very Rare CS button, that's the Holy Grail of CSA Relic Hunting. Banner Please.
 
One of my friends told me this saddle shield was found in Goochland and I joined TN just to check it out. All I can say is WOW! Looking at the condition, this isn't your ordinary discovery. I'd love to vote "banner" but how do I do that? Any help is appreciated.
 
Sweeeeet! :thumbsup: and just think, you could ride the bus home at the end of the hunt! lol Breezie
 
Breezie said:
Sweeeeet! :thumbsup: and just think, you could ride the bus home at the end of the hunt! lol Breezie

Thanks, Breezie! (And I'll take a school bus over my current car any day.) :laughing9:
 
:icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :dontknow :Why is a CS saddle shield not up on the banner ??? ??? ??? Unbelievable , great stuff is getting ignored here ,lately :icon_scratch: Day later , It made it , I feel better about this now :thumbsup: Congrats, kyphote CMD
 
porkchop74 said:
One of my friends told me this saddle shield was found in Goochland and I joined TN just to check it out. All I can say is WOW! Looking at the condition, this isn't your ordinary discovery. I'd love to vote "banner" but how do I do that? Any help is appreciated.

On the bottom of the original post, left hand side, click

"REPORT POST
Nominate for Banner"


:icon_thumleft:
 
AWESOME FIND!!!!! LOVE THOSE CONFEDERATE RELICS. DEFINATELY A HOLY GRAIL :thumbsup: :headbang:
 
Thanks for the votes all! Great way to remember my best find to date!! Couldn't have done it without Dirt Listener and his BBQ. And by BBQ, I mean shovel. :hello:
 
Just Beautiful and Congrat's on the banner.....Great Save!!!! :icon_thumright:
 
;D CSA shield made Banner .. Congrats, CMDdawg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom