What's new

A good day with a standout find! CSA SADDLE SHIELD

kyphote

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
585
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joined three friends today at a farm in Central Virginia. The saddle shield was the very first thing we dug and the bus was the very last. My friends were divided as to whether the bus is Civil War era. Two of them swear they saw it in Crouch's book. Great hunt and perfect weather!!
 

Attachments

  • March27.webp
    March27.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 3,354
  • cs_saddle.webp
    cs_saddle.webp
    34 KB · Views: 3,324
Upvote 2
Re: A good day with one standout find!

A great find for sure congrats.

Burdie
 
Re: A good day with one standout find!

Great finds! That saddle shield is fantastic! HH
Doc
 
Re: A good day with one standout find!

Wow :o A great find. Those saddle shields were all supposed to have been made at Richmond Arsenal. They book for $450.00 to $650.00 Good Job!!!!!!
 
Re: A good day with one standout find!

Congrats on the shield, very nice find :thumbsup:
 
Re: A good day with one standout find!

NICE! That's a Banner-er! :thumbsup:
 
Re: A good day with one standout find!

Nice shield.
I believe the bus is a repro.
What is the sherrif badge shape to right??
 
Re: A good day with one standout find!

sweet sweet find Kyphote :headbang: :headbang: :thumbsup:
 
Re: A good day with one standout find!

That Saddle Shield is a Banner find!

FANTASTIC.
 
I am in awe of that saddle shield. The chain links also intrigue me as I found 2 nearly identical links just last week.
 
Super Find!!! I saw a CS Shield sell on a CW Relic dealer's site for $850 recently. That's a lifetime find. HH.
 
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! BANNER!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy:
 
creeper71 said:
VOL1266-X said:
Super Find!!! I saw a CS Shield sell on a CW Relic dealer's site for $850 recently. That's a lifetime find. HH.
same condition ? or better/worse?

Here it is after a gentle brushing. Didn't do any detail work around the C and S, as I'm pretty accident prone! Still needs more attention but I tend to take it slow. Thanks for all the thumbs up.
 

Attachments

  • CS_ShieldBrushed.webp
    CS_ShieldBrushed.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 2,827
creeper71 said:
VOL1266-X said:
Super Find!!! I saw a CS Shield sell on a CW Relic dealer's site for $850 recently. That's a lifetime find. HH.
same condition ? or better/worse?
Looked the same. I don't see any cracks on yours. These are rarely found anymore. I have never had my hands on one. I have only seen pictures. After some thought, I agree with BB and will formally nominate the shield for BANNER!!! HH, Quindy.
 
:o :o :o :o :o Banner For sure ya'll Those bus , oops..saddle shields, are not an every day find :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Congrats , CMD dawg Vote Banner
 
Outstanding Find!! :o :o :headbang: :headbang:
HH!!
Swingit
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom