Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
XP ORX

Garrett Carrot

XP MI6 Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a while for me since I felt I had something worthwhile to post here. This was actually yesterday's find, but I got back home late, and by the time I was settled in, it was too late to get on here.

A couple who let me detect their property where I live here on the Cape have a house built in 1813, and I've pulled a few goodies outta there, and I'm sure there are still some waiting to be uncovered. Well, his father has a house about 60 miles north of us, south of Boston, and his house was built in 1794. When I got permission, I had visions of sugarplums dancing in my head. First time up there was about a month ago, and I pulled a few things, but nothing much really. Well, yesterday I asked and was given the green light so up I went around noon. The yard is on a corner lot of a couple busy streets, so I figured it'd be hard with modern trash and whatnot, but on an old homestead like that, how can you hesitate? It's about an acre lot, and mostly lawn, so prime digging. I kicked up my iron volume to see what was under me, and the grunts were amazingly loud and lots of them! I then decided to put a bit of discrimination in there just so I wouldn't go crazy listening to all the noise. I still had iron in the background, just not overwhelming. When I went up the first time last month, there was a big patch on the front lawn loaded with purple flowers and bees buzzing all over the place! I was so amazed at the sight at one point I was there on my belly taking pictures of the bees and flowers. Anyway, I didn't want to disturb the bees, nor did I feel like getting stung, so I left that area alone, and figured I'd get it another time. Yesterday was that time. In that area of the front yard, which was on the busier street I managed two 1945 Walking Liberty halves within twenty feet of each other, and then I pulled what I thought was a large cent or state copper. It turned out to be a George Washington Bicentennial Token 1732-1932. Not what I hoped for, but still pretty cool. Then I pulled another GW Token, and another, and another... in all, seven of these tokens before it was time to head home. I'm fairly sure there are still a few there waiting for the next time. I have no idea why there were so many spread out over his front lawn, but it made for an interesting afternoon. Maybe there was a parade honoring Washington along these streets back in 1932 and the tokens were abundant... I don't know. There were other things too, keys, and other stuff I can't identify, but it was a good day. One pic is 13 keys out of one hole, where someone lost all their keys. I'll get some pics up here to go with this... thanks for looking. If anyone has any ideas about the other items, I'd love to hear about it. The pics may or may not be all that I tried for, we shall see....

IMG_3980.JPG IMG_3979.JPG WDOW2007.JPG
IMG_3759.JPG JZNY9510.JPG IMG_3985.JPG IMG_3983.JPG IMG_3988.JPG IMG_3986.JPG IMG_3982.JPG IMG_3981.JPG IMG_3975.JPG IMG_3974.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3987.JPG
    IMG_3987.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 27

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I would say that was a good day. Walkers are such beautiful coins.

Elvis

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Lafayette, Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Nokta Simplex+
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful silver!!!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
attachment.php

Attachments

• transparent_casper.png
    transparent_casper.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 438

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! What a great day you had!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
oh my, what a haul! big time gratz, love that silver and am amazed at all the Washington bicentennial tokens. Bet there is more to come at this site

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a good day to say the least, sounds like a great permission. Congrats fellow Mass hunter,
Steve

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's fun hunt digging all those targets. Congrats on the silvers and the tokens.

OP
OP
R

RussM

Oct 2, 2019
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
XP ORX

Garrett Carrot

XP MI6 Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, one and all... it was a fun day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread