What's new

A good reason to pick up your trash!

batcap

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2010
Messages
684
Reaction score
131
Golden Thread
0
Location
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
There is a detectorist somewhere in my neighborhood who has been leaving his trash finds on the surface, beside his poorly-filled holes. I end up going behind him and "re-find" his trash, just as it starts to sink back into the ground. I pack out his old/my new trash.

Yet again today I found another old style pull-tab peeking through the soil as I bent to search for my target. I put it in my pouch and swung again. This time however, where there was a gold/foil signal, was now a strong "quarter" signal. I muttered to myself a bit about the chump missing out because he' so lazy as I started to dig my target.

Here is my reward for picking up after you, you %4$*^%! It's not marked, but my gold tester (GT3000) makes it 14K on the edges and inside, with a sterling center band engraved with Hebrew (I think) lettering. If it's 50/50 gold and silver, the gold melt value will be just about $102.
 

Attachments

  • hebrew.webp
    hebrew.webp
    86.3 KB · Views: 773
Upvote 0
Great find... Your taking the time and cleaning up someone elses trash has rewarded you handsomely. :icon_thumright:
 
I think the Punks who are doing that are LAZY and lack an understanding of silent masking among other things. We have a great hunter in our club that only hunts silver coins. He uses a coin check on his machine and if it does not fall within the range of a coin he won't dig it and will leave all his trash by the hole he fills with a kick from his foot.

Let's think about it, you have your zone around your house - your 20 best spots you pound over and over. The 60's and 70's are not going to come back! sorry but it's not happening - so if you pull all the square tabs out and you leave the area in good condition over time you will allow yourself a lot faster and cleaner hunt. :sign13:
 
those that don't pick up their trash makes us all look bad. however the real loser was the one that left the ring. congrats on the sweet find
 
Way to go !!!! :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom