What's new

A good start after the harvest.

Merf

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
3,766
Reaction score
2,276
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted an old homestead site today for at least the 20th time. A freshly harvested bean field. Went further into the field and found these. An 1866 Indian head penny and an 1837 Canadian half penny. Beautiful weather. Made my day.
IMG_0291.webp
IMG_0295.webp
IMG_0297.webp
IMG_0296.webp
 
Upvote 22
Yup, that's a happy day! Can't wait till my fields are harvested...
 
Well done on the coppers.

Seems that the beans are coming off, winter wheat is going in days later.
Missed a dozen sites already this fall.
 
I hunted a freshly cut bean field a few days ago. The soil was like concrete and I could barely dig. I’ll wait for them to chisel it. It’s been a drought and I sure can’t count on any rain coming.🤷🏼
 
I hunted a freshly cut bean field a few days ago. The soil was like concrete and I could barely dig. I’ll wait for them to chisel it. It’s been a drought and I sure can’t count on any rain coming.🤷🏼
Been lucky here, recent rains, easy digging. Knock on wood
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom