What's new

A good variety

That is a good day!
 
You found some really nice ones. :icon_thumleft:
 
A good day? I would call that a great day ! Looks like some killers lets see the clean up pics
 
To find that many in one spot would make my year! Absolutely awesome!

No kidding. I might even take a couple weeks off of trying to find more... great finds!

Those large ones on the right look pretty flawless...

All were found in one spot like a cache?
 
Last edited:
No kidding. I might even take a couple weeks off of trying to find more... great finds!

Those large ones on the right look pretty flawless...

All were found in one spot like a cache?

They were found in a general area, which is about 30 ft. by 30 ft.
We've found around 100 in this same location.
 
On the tailgate photo, on the far right row, second and third from the top. Are those points beveled?
 
On the tailgate photo, on the far right row, second and third from the top. Are those points beveled?

The dovetail has a bevel, but the others have more of a thickened edge and not the classic bevel. We have found very few beveled points in this area, and I'm including the surrounding area of about 30 acres, where we have found hundreds of points, tools and knives.
 
I don't see a Dovetail. Maybe a Hardin? You need to buy those 30 acres.
 
That Hardin type is smoking for its size! Can we get a tip shot looking towards the base?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
If beveled, that second point would be a Hardin and a smoker at that!!!! Those Hardins are hard to come across. I would call the third point a Kirk corner notch. If it were beveled I would have went with lost lake. The large weathered point is hard to classify. Perhaps Kirk stemmed?
 
If the large one is from MO I would call it a well used Etley


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom