What's new

A gorgeous Colonial shoe buckle, seated half, and more

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a great hunt today with some great fellas. My bro Charlie was kind enough to take me to a spot on a Staten Island. A site that had history of British Encampments and a couple 1800's homes. It required a bunch of bushwacking but we had a good time.

image.webp

First was a banging hit...
image.webp

Then the seated....image.webp
image.webp

Beautiful...a seated half-dime with arrows.

Overall it was a great day with great company. image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp

The lock was cool. Patent date 1884.

Enjoy everyone and happy Thanksgiving

Steve
 
Last edited:
Upvote 68
Tremendous finds! The buckle is gorgeous! I'm always very impressed with your posts and pics! Great work.

Thanks SilverMonks. I went out today and by twist of fate found a colonial buckle piece. It reminded me quickly how lucky I was to find that whole buckle.
 
Nice looking worn half dime!!! She seen some use for sure!!!!!:icon_thumright:
 
The buckle is a beauty, Steve. You know I'm easy but that thing would have me smiling from ear to ear for a week. Congrats as I know how tough they are to fin complete like that.
 
Nice looking worn half dime!!! She seen some use for sure!!!!!:icon_thumright:
Thanks Basque man. That coin there must have been circulated for 30 or more years I'd say. It's funny to think that in 1854 you could have two coins equalling 8 cents.
The buckle is a beauty, Steve. You know I'm easy but that thing would have me smiling from ear to ear for a week. Congrats as I know how tough they are to fin complete like that.
That buckle is still on my mantle. I'm still smiling and every guest this holiday had to sit through my sputtering about shoe buckles. Lol
 
buckles r the best ! good hunting
 
Nice looking shoe buckle! LOL I was also looking for a Seated Half DOLLAR!!
 
Nice looking shoe buckle! LOL I was also looking for a Seated Half DOLLAR!!

Haha, deceptive title! Lol. No that was earlier in the year I posted a seated half dollar. If I had found a second this year I would have gone and bought a lotto ticket!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom