What's new

A group of items to ponder

roscoelux

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
27
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Location
N . Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be curious what you folks make of these, does any time period seem to be a common denominator among these?
Thanks in advance for any insights you may have.

group.webp
 
Upvote 0
Assuming they are from Texas a few look to be early archaic But I'm no expert
 
The region found would help but I agree with arrow86, the bifurcated base type is Archaic time period.
 
All found Bexar county, just North of San Antonio.
 
The piece in the bottom right looks like it has a flute to it which would make it Paleo. Nice group of artifacts:icon_thumright:
 
The piece in the bottom right looks like it has a flute to it which would make it Paleo. Nice group of artifacts:icon_thumright:

I saw that too was thinking maybe some are transitional Paleo time into early archaic but couldn't tell if it was just a scraper or base
 
I see what appears to be Edward plateau flint, used often from paleo times forward.

I see some relic with random percussion flaking, and I also see some with fine secondary pressure flaking.
One appears to have oblique flaking.

It appears to me from the photo to be archaic to middle to late woodland cultures. but I could be wrong from a photo.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom