A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Lets talk about the Turtle for a moment, now as I have said in the past I am a believer in the animal markers as having traits (things that the animals do as to why they were used for treasure markers, not so much for their religious significance)

Now the Tortoise is known for making a Burrow and lives most of its life underground until the temperature is just right to be outside because they are cold blooded, this is where the treasure vault would be a comparison to the turtles burrow underground.

Another thing about the Turtle is their shells, the Spanish would carve the shells to give direction distance or whatever other information they thought was relevant to the treasure.

I have posted this Tortoise before and he is looking toward the treasure area less than a hundred feet away, but I wanted to mention how his shell is carved into a Heart (A Spanish Sign)
1 (1).JPG

This Next Turtle as you can see has a Cross carved in its shell. (a good confirmation that this turtle was made by the Spanish/Catholics) There are also carvings on its face.
1 (6).JPG

This is the opposite side of the turtle with the cross. This side has Carvings on its face as well, one of which is the eye of the turtle.
1 (5).JPG

Both of these Turtles are looking in the direction to go towards each of their respective treasures, since the Spanish moved these boulders into place it was easy to point them in the direction to go (when I say the way they are looking I mean the direction the nose would be pointed towards) In some cases the Turtle can lead to or look at another Important Marker or even one point of a Triangle.

Last edited:

HMK959

Mar 24, 2023
Hello Sandy. Is this a marker next to the turtle?

Attachments

• Screenshot_۲۰۲۳۰۹۰۴_۱۰۵۳۳۱_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_۲۰۲۳۰۹۰۴_۱۰۵۳۳۱_Gallery.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 21

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Turtles are usually a type of storage sign in my opinion, and they are often below the mining areas. In fact I know of a few down low near the rivers that the shell was the top of an old vault, and you can see the open vault directly underneath the shell. So my question is, how do you know the difference between a marked mine vs a marked storage/vault. Or is it really necessary to distinguish between the two since, storages can be with in mines? Any thoughts?

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Turtles are usually a type of storage sign in my opinion, and they are often below the mining areas. In fact I know of a few down low near the rivers that the shell was the top of an old vault, and you can see the open vault below the shell. So my question is, how do you know the difference between a marked mine vs a marked storage/vault. Or is it really necessary to distinguish between the two since, storages can be with in mines? Any thoughts?
What is on the shell will tell the difference, also if there are owls in the area,

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Explain further please, on what is on the shell.....
Or in private message...

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Rectangle/square is chamber from what I have learned. Especially, a rectangle with a square cut out of one corner....

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Just like those big square boulders they place on a cliff top in a very visible location...

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
But how do these differ from a straight down dig, and tunnel spot to a chamber. Or did they just kind of meld everything into one meaning? Cache.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a few...

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
They often did square eyes, sometimes with a line to the square.... That's the old tunnel -chamber symbol. I'm looking for the later group spin off. Because they found most everything.it seems.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The ancient ones would be huge if you are lucky enough to find an intact one. I'm not sure many exist anymore. I've seen many possibilities, none are cut and dry. And I'm where you'd think to find them way up north. I;ve seen many empties, I know what to look for if there is an obvious one overlooked. So much trickery, the more you know, the more you see things that were altered to throw you off. Very frustrating.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
The ancient ones would be huge if you are lucky enough to find an intact one. I'm not sure many exist anymore. I've seen many possibilities, none are cut and dry. And I'm where you'd think to find them way up north. I;ve seen many empties, I know what to look for if there is an obvious one overlooked. So much trickery, the more you know, the more you see things that were altered to throw you off. Very frustrating.
Yeah I have one here and the government put a tower overlooking it, too bad as I have an incredible aura my dad caught from it.(lights up a huge area it must be a massive crypt)

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a couple already with auras. Been trying for land owner contracts. Hard to even come up with a story to get the landowner agreement . Most are on cattle land where they don't want holes dug
in the first place.
Pretty hard to sell it without just totally giving away the dig spot and then they go dig it up without you.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Scrupulous landowners
and gold are a hard combo to find sometimes.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I went upriver camping for labor day, the best looking mining/treasure spot I saw had numerous shaped rock spires above it and mass rock tailings, with some markers below, was being ripped up with a huge backhoe for a football field sized flat spot about a 1/4-1/2 mile long with a cabin and outhouse already there. But much more intended. I suppose some sort of ranger station was intended with the amount of flattened area below the rock spires. Will be off limits in a year or two.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread