Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered a 540 pro pack from Amazon for $499 a couple of weeks ago. Assembled it and tested it in the air and in ground. With the 12” coil it would not recognize a quarter or a dime even 1” from the coil. The 8” coil worked fine. I searched the net and found another owner on Reddit with the same problem. I sent it back to Amazon for a full refund and ordered one from serious metal detecting. This one is perfect. I researched and found that the only two 540 pro packs for $499 on amazon are being offered by sellers that offer mostly gadgets and miscellaneous stuff with only one Minelab metal detector. I suspect that Amazon may be being used to get rid of defective detectors. Buyer beware. The good thing is that Amazon pays for return shipping.

OP
OP
Merf

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve often wondered when you look at the sellers for some of the metal detectors on Amazon, they have nothing to do with metal detectors, they look just like clearing house’s.
Yes. I can’t help but think that Amazon does not screen their sellers. Good thing they have free returns. I will not order another detector from Amazon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread