What's new

A heartwarming story

spartacus53

Banned
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
10,624
Reaction score
1,074
Golden Thread
0
Location
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I know that I'm not well known for telling heartfelt stories, so I thought I would share this one with you. Enjoy :thumbsup:

I suggest that you have a box of tissues nearby :crybaby2:


Subject: The Radio

The letter was sent to the principal's office after the school had sponsored a luncheon for the elderly.

An old lady received a new radio at the lunch as a door prize, and was
writing to say thank you. This story is a credit to all human kind.
Please forward it to anyone you know who might need a lift today!

" Dear Safety Harbor Middle School ,

God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent Senior
Citizens Luncheon. I am 84 years old and live at the Safety Harbor Assisted Home for the Aged.

All of my family has passed away. I am all alone now and it's nice to
know that someone is thinking of me. God bless you for your kindness to an old, forgotten lady.

My roommate is 95 and always had her own radio, but before I received
one, she would never let me listen to hers, even when she was napping.

The other day her radio fell off the night stand and broke into a lot of
pieces. It was awful and she was in tears.

She asked if she could listen to mine, and I said screw you.

Thank you for that opportunity.

Sincerely,

Edna Walters
 
Lol, love all the views and no comments...shock is a great weapon! :laughing9:
 
Surely one doesn't expect a Hallmark moment from me :laughing9: I guess my posts are like a car crash, or a train wreck, you just have to look :tongue3:
 
Is that the way old age karma works? So fitting that the roommates radio committed suicide so close to the new radio coming in. ::)

Oh well, Life is a mystery ,huh?
 
I knew something was comming .... just had to wait for it ....... :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom