What's new

A Helluva Bell!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out with Tony for a full day of detecting. We had a half dozen new fields lined up and spent about 6 hours ruling them out...there were targets but no sites. Spent the last hour at one of our well hunted sites and that's where I found my find of the day. A heavy and well marked bell. I haven't researched it yet but it's French and is dated 1878....I've found a lot of bells in the past 10 years detecting but none as nice as this one...I get the impression that it was something special.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445713806.338055.webp

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445713823.320071.webp

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445713837.629244.webp

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445713858.179271.webp

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445713872.292115.webp

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445713890.045020.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 32
That is most definitely one helluva cool old bell.

Congrats on the bell plus all of your other cool finds.
 
That a bunch of really great finds, that bell is awesome! I like the Union Jack pin as well. Earlier in the year I dug an old buckle with a similar enamelled Union Jack mounted on it. Does yours still have the pin mounts on it?

Yep, still has the pin mounts on the back.
 
For that style of bell it would easily beat my best example by miles - CONGRATS , A date as well!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom