A Hot Day...A Cool Coin....and some Silver to boot!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hi Gang,

It has been forever since I have posted. My computer went South about 9 mos. ago. But with the help of my great brother, I have a nifty new laptop! I'm back in business!

It was a long hot day....I have to hunt alot of schools to even make enough worthy of a post. The pickins are pretty slim here these days! My third school in, I received a 50 cent signal. I figured it to be two quarters together, but low and behold I found my first commemorative half dollar! I found a good bit of clad with my next few schools. $11.50 total. Then I was getting ready to end my day with a final school. I could clearly see that someone had already been there MD'ing (I could see him footie prints!), so I went to the back of the school instead where the woodchips and another sandy lot were. When I started finding a dime here and there, I decided I better slow down cause the other hunter didn't do such a good job. I got an iffy signal and figured it was probably trash, but out popped the little bracelet. I could see a mark, but my dern eyes couldn't focus well. (I hate getting older!! >:() When I got home, I whipped out the trusty jewelers loop (and my glasses), and there was the 925 Italy mark! Woohoo!! And what T-netters hunt would be complete without the mandatory Chuckie Cheese Token? When did they start dating those things? :icon_scratch:

Anywho, It was nice to be outside (even though it was an early scorcher!) Dang, and it's only April! Hope everyone found something neat today. Thanks for reading and Happy Hunting!!

Moon

Attachments

• IMG_2800_1.JPG
    IMG_2800_1.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 893
  • Silver Bracelet.jpg
    Silver Bracelet.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 881
  • Silver Bracelet 04-25-09.jpg
    Silver Bracelet 04-25-09.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_2804_1.JPG
    IMG_2804_1.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 880
  • IMG_2806_1.JPG
    IMG_2806_1.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 888
  • IMG_2807.JPG
    IMG_2807.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 882
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
dirthunter said:
You have pictures.....and thats no fish story.

I'm sorry DH.....I was being a butt to you and I shouldn't have. Not like me really! I do apologize sincerely! Hope to see your find soon, I know it was exciting to detect it.

Thanks again my friends......good to hear from you all.

HH,
Moon

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Moonie!

The Philadelphia mint copper-nickel XXV Olympiad half dollar depicts a gymnast on obverse and the words CITIUS, ALTIUS, FORTIUS (faster, higher, stronger) on the reverse.

161,607 were minted.

Nice find! :thumbsup:

P.S. Just thought I would pass that info along :icon_study:

Welcome back.

dirthunter

Apr 9, 2009
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Silver Umax
Moonshadow, I am not mad at you, if you will go to the Best Find Forum you will see the picture of the ring. I had to have help getting this ring down loaded on my computer.

HH
Dirthunter

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
thrillathahunt said:
Hello Moonie!

The Philadelphia mint copper-nickel XXV Olympiad half dollar depicts a gymnast on obverse and the words CITIUS, ALTIUS, FORTIUS (faster, higher, stronger) on the reverse.

161,607 were minted.

Nice find! :thumbsup:

P.S. Just thought I would pass that info along :icon_study:

Welcome back.

Thanks for the info Thrill. I didn't know what that booger was until I turned it over and saw "Half Dollar". It's one of my favorite finds now.

Thanks everyone one else for chiming in! It's so good to be back!

HH,
Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions