What's new

a hypothetical

SnakemanBill

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
411
Reaction score
233
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK you have a bank with a coin counter but they won't sell you the half dollar bag until its full ($1000). You call once a month to see if the bag is full yet. How full do you let that bag get before topping it off with your dumps and buying it back from the bank? Last time I waited until it was up to about $750 before topping it off and taking it home.

How bout it fellow coin junkies? At what point do you say enough and take that bag home?
 
Upvote 0
I would say anywhere over $500. If they are not your dumps then you basically are picking up a box that potentially has some silver in it.
 
I have a similar problem,only the banks that have bags i want to fill charge 5% if you are not a customer.So if i fill it at 500 it costs me 25.00.....i have to figure out the fill rate so i can try to get there when its around 900.00....how much gets added to the bag when yopu call monthly,i call every 2-3 months at the moment but will bump it up when it gets closer to full...is only at 350 now.
 
And how much would it cost to open an account to avoid the 5% fee >? Easy answer.
 
If they didn't have a problem with you filling it up and buying it then I would fill that thing up every month and buy it. I had a credit union that used to do this same thing for me until another CRHer started using them as a dump bank. He filled it up and they shipped it out. I missed out on $300 of customer halves because I was waiting for it to fill up more. If you have the halves to dump and they don't mind then get the silver while you can.
 
I have asked multiple times at my dump bank if they will sell the bags. Always a no. I guess if I keep asking, eventually they might give in and sell it to me. :tongue3:
 
AGCoinHunter said:
I would say anywhere over $500. If they are not your dumps then you basically are picking up a box that potentially has some silver in it.

I agree. Anything over $500 would make it time to harvest in my opinion. You can easily fill it with one box dump, and then you don't risk loosing it to the feds or to another CRHer.

cmhoose
 
I have the same situation. they charge 4% over $100 so I try to wait till it gets over $800 I'd gladly pay $4 to get that bag if I thought there might be silver in it. And most of the time there is. They let me top off the fist time I upend an account with them it had $540 in it and I topped it off and they waived the fee... I pulled over 100 keepers......... the 2nd time at a different Branch i topped it off and payed $13 in fees and pulled 73 keepers. I missed out on the last 2 bags because I waited too long.

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom