A Jewel, jewelry, buckles, and bottles (Lots more new stuff added!!!)

ruccello

Jun 19, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236x2
My girlfriend and I found a large dump a few weeks ago in an area with several foundations. We dug for the weekend and found some nice crown tops, and a rare "coke" imposter bottle - looks like a coke hobbleskirt, it's blown in mold and pretty crude - early 1900's. The week after we found it, the rains came and the dump was underwater for 2 weeks. Now, this dump is on a hill that is about 40-50 feet deep - the water was over that by about 5 feet. The dam backed up and flooded this entire area. So we scouted the dry areas near some stone walls on a hill, as all of the foundations were also under water (I've never seen the river this high, it was amazing). We located another small dump in the corner of a foundation wall. This was the strangest dump I've ever dug. We found mostly victorian jewelry and belt buckles. Some glass stoppers and small bottles were also found. Last week, the water finally went all the way back down to normal, the large hill was again exposed. On our way to the large hill, we found another small dump where we found the Jewel cast iron stove part and some other later bottles. All of the images are of stuff we've collected from this one area (except the Denon speaker)! And, this is only about half of it.

This has to be one of the best areas we've ever found, and should produce for years. We haven't even detected yet, and there are several foundations, an old road, and many stone walls. Happy hunting!

Richard

The digging has been pretty good and we've found lot's of new stuff. We found another small dump dating from the late 1800's to the 1950's. I had a chance to clean most everything either by electrolysis or aluminum jelly if it was gold filled/plated. The first image is the gold filled and plated stuff. A nice watch fob chain, pocket watch parts, a nice victorian pin (top center), a mitten clip-small item bottom left (I think), a locket (top left), a bar pin, a cufflink and a victorian belt buckle. Gold.jpg GoldLocket.jpg GoldPin.jpg
Mostly victorian sash buckles, some are in the other photos you've seen already. Top row 1) Silver plated sash buckle 2) silver plated buckle/brooch 3) Silver plated with glass jewels 4) 3 dimensional flower - was gold gilt at one time. Second row 1) Brass shoe buckle with leather still attached in the middle 2) Mother of pearl sash buckle 3) Enameled copper sash buckle. Third row 1) Iron belt buckle 2) Not sure - some type of hook 3) Celluloid sash buckle BucklesAll.jpg
Buttons - Top Row 1) WW1 2 piece large overcoat button - backmark: Jewelers Product Corp. Prov. R.I. 2&3) Plastic 4) Large mother of pearl 5) Eagle button - small cuff size - 2 piece with some gold gilt still showing, looks like Civil War but haven't researched yet. Second Row 1-5) Plastic 6) Mother of pearl - you can't see it that well, but this button has a hand carved house shape on the front 7) Round gold gilt. Third and fourth rows are mostly glass with some plastic. Buttons.jpg
Nice group of marbles, don't know much about marbles, if anyone has any idea what these are I would appreciate the info. Marbles.jpg
Nice group of glass stoppers StoppersAll.jpg

Attachments

• VictorianDig.jpg
    VictorianDig.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 713
  • Jewel.jpg
    Jewel.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 696
  • Bottles.jpg
    Bottles.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 710
  • Stoppers.jpg
    Stoppers.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 689
Upvote 0

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QDII / Cen Tec Pinpointer
Re: A Jewel, jewelry, buckles, and bottles

Sounds like a great spot. I'd be all over it with the Det.
Best of luck and keep us posted please.

HH

txgator2

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2010

absolutely amazing finds, I know ya'll are having a blast!!! :hello2:

OP
OP
ruccello

ruccello

Jun 19, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236x2

Thanks guys. I detected one of the foundations for the first time today, only for a couple of hours. Found a couple of wheaties, a spoon, a small brooch/pin with enamel, and a Chinese coin, Ch'ing Dynasty - 1736-1795. It's S-1466, Boo Yuwan, Ch'ien-Lung (if that means anything to anybody), I just found it online. I also found 2 privies, and a couple more dumps. This place is amazing, so much to do, so little time! I'll post more pics when I get a chance.

Richard

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

wow!!!!! that is a great spot. can't wait to see more! :hello2: :hello2:

OP
OP
ruccello

ruccello

Jun 19, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236x2

These are the first finds from detecting one of the old foundations. Spent about 2 hours yesterday. Dug a lot of junk not shown in the photo.

Attachments

• Stephens.jpg
    Stephens.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 612

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice finds!

Dragginbutt

Tenderfoot
Oct 25, 2006
Cartersville, North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 DI, Ace 250

The "JEWEL" piece that you are thinking came from a stove is actually the foot treadle from a sewing machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread