What's new

A kinda odd find...

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
4,180
Golden Thread
0
Location
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped to have a look at a sidewalk tear out and eyeballed a .30 cal rimfire cartridge.... It looks like it was just fired yesterday which is really strange for a round that's been obsolete for a LONG time :icon_scratch:..... Also got a nice Merc for my efforts..... Anyway, thanks for looking and HH to all!

cartridge.webpdime.webp
 
Upvote 30
Blank gun or starter pistol ?
 
It's not crimped or rolled at the lip like a blank would be, it's got a D headstamp, which I'm thinking is Dominion from Canada, but I'll have to look it up later
 
Last edited:
Congrats on the merc that shell casing is strange
 
Congrats on your Merc dime & spent cartridge finds - anyway thank you for sharing pictures of your finds with us & wish you many more while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
 
I stopped to have a look at a sidewalk tear out and eyeballed a .30 cal rimfire cartridge.... It looks like it was just fired yesterday which is really strange for a round that's been obsolete for a LONG time :icon_scratch:..... Also got a nice Merc for my efforts..... Anyway, thanks for looking and HH to all!

View attachment 1329066View attachment 1329067

Has to be a 'fresh drop' even if it was somehow it got embed'ed into the fresh cement back when it was pored , it seems like there would be more Corrosion.???

Merc's are always welcome to , U eyeball that to?
 
The cartridge has a nice patina and (you are right) is old. The merc is nice too...
 
What a pretty merc
 
Nice silver!!!
 
Nice bit of silver you found! Congratualtions. :occasion14:
 
Has to be a 'fresh drop' even if it was somehow it got embed'ed into the fresh cement back when it was pored , it seems like there would be more Corrosion.???

Merc's are always welcome to , U eyeball that to?


It's an old copper shell, so it can't have been there long. the merc I got with the detector, I sure wish I could just eyeball silver.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom