A little birdy told me there would be treasure

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been pretty nice weather out lately (that is, for December) so I went digging. One of the first finds was this cool blue plastic or celluloid bird whistle. It's all intact too! Then out popped a nice marble, and some other assorted things. There was a pair of "bracket things", does anyone know what they are? Then there was a chrome handle piece. I think I've seen it somewhere, but I just don't know what it is. Then a little amber bottle with lid, and an old sickle blade. I dug it out and thought that will go straight in the metal recycling when I go home...Aww who cares, the guys on Treasurenet might like it! Lastly was this square buckle. Is it a nice old one, or just a junky one?
IMG_1785[1].JPGIMG_1786[1].JPGIMG_1787[1].JPGIMG_1788[1].JPG

Upvote 8
The bird whistle is really cool. Not sure what the bracket things are

Can't help, but that bird whistle is a very neat piece.

Last edited:
To me, the joy of detecting is finding oddball old stuff, you never know what you may find. Glad you posted these beauties.

Those two odd things almost look like friction primers but not quite right looking. You know, if you put a little water in that bird whistle and blow on it, it really sounds like a bird.

Those bracket things are shutter holders. So you can swing them in in times of a storm.

Thanks everyone! I really enjoyed finding that bird whistle. The fact that it isn't broken is cool. I was tempted to blow on it, but a close examination yielded a slightly chewed mouth piece caked with old mud.
And thanks NC digger for the ID. Never would have guessed that!

Cool finds, keep digging

People lick muddy silver coins that were around when the plague and cholera devasted whole populations. You blow on the petty blue birdy [emoji16]

WHISTLE IS NUMBER 1 ......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back