What's new

Best weekend in long time

pghDFXer

Full Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2011
Messages
171
Reaction score
486
Golden Thread
0
Location
PGH
Detector(s) used
Dfx 300 w/5.3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all the weeds down and perfect temps , I was able to get into some areas that were usually to thick . So I hit a few old spots with great results. The sliver hat pin is my favorite , and got my 1st seated!! Any help with the eagle buttons would be appreciated ,
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    748.7 KB · Views: 256
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    630.2 KB · Views: 174
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    513.4 KB · Views: 170
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    504.4 KB · Views: 183
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    163.6 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 22
Yep I'd say thats a GREAT weekend!
 
Buttons - Civil War, 22mm bronze shell button, eagle holding arrows & olive branch, stars around, YOUNG . SMITH & CO. NEW YORK - the eagle looks more like CSA than Union - just thinking

Civil War bullets
 
Last edited:
That's a heck of a weekend!! Congrats.
 
Wow very nice finds
 
wow! I feel we need some more pics! There is so much going on in that first pic that we need more. I see a possible gold ring, silver necklace, some kind of British silver case, other silvers including coins.
 
Some nice looking buttons in that group.
 
Killer finds. Like those buttons for sure!!! :thumbsup:
 
You dug some nice buttons there! A nice 1790s dandy button, some 1830s gold plated flower buttons, and the 3 eagle buttons are one piece convex eagle artillery buttons from the 1820s. That pattern was introduced in 1821.

The button with the horses is a Pennsylvania state seal button, looks like PA 19 in Albert's book. Civil War era.
 
Last edited:
That is a great hunt there, I see at least 5 silver items in there, plus all the sweet buttons!
 
That's a nice selection of finds! Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom