A little bit of gold, and WWII medals.

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi amigos, I stopped at a sale at an apartment complex yesterday. There was nothing that interesting, but I asked the seller if he had any watches. He initially said no, but then he thought about it for a second, and said that he might. He went back inside, and came with a bag of watches and jewelry. There were only a few low end Seikos and costume jewelry. He gave me a good deal on everything. Once home, I quickly went through it, and was able to find these 14k pieces, and these WWII medals. Your thoughts, as always are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Artslinger 20190216_162259.jpg 20190216_162343.jpg 20190216_152210.jpg 20190216_162405.jpg

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Anytime you can buy a bag full-o-stuff for a good price it always worth taking a chance on. I know nothing about medals but those are awesome. Nice bit of gold too!

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The medal with the red ribbon and white pin stripes is the Army Good Conduct medal. My father ( recently deceased ) was a 3 war vet. Retired as a Navy Commander with a chest full of medals. He often said that he thought he was the only Navy Commander to have that medal and hardest one to get. He was in the Army in WWII, then joined the Navy and became a fighter pilot in Korea and VN. Dads Medals.jpg

Last edited:

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The one with multi colored ribbon is the WWII Victory medal.
Here's a site that has all medals identified. medalsofamerica.com

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice gold saves! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool stuff ya got Well done

GregK

Jan 10, 2008
Sometimes the Good Conduct medals are named on the reverse. Is that the case with this one?

Tremec

Greenie
Mar 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The medal with the red ribbon and white pin stripes is the Army Good Conduct medal. My father ( recently deceased ) was a 3 war vet. Retired as a Navy Commander with a chest full of medals. He often said that he thought he was the only Navy Commander to have that medal and hardest one to get. He was in the Army in WWII, then joined the Navy and became a fighter pilot in Korea and VN. View attachment 1682164
your dad was awarded the distinguished flying cross. They don't just give that one away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread