OP
OP
menotomymaps

menotomymaps

Jan 23, 2007
U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. I'm surprised, you can see remarkably well. There's a lot of sticks and debris down there considering it was "sealed"

Yeah, the water was clear and had no smell. The debris had to have gotten in there when it was not capped.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"dangling the camera on a rope gives us no control. We need a pole or something. The mound has a pear shape and we cannot get to the sides using a rope."

Exactly.... remember I suggested earlier using 10 ga. - 12 ga. household wiring to tape / mount camera on? This was so you could turn camera around (more) under control. Now a pole at the extreme depth required would be best to go left and right outside of top opening's diameter due to "pear" shape... duh. Did you drop a weighed line from top to see how deep and measure?

Good job thus far.... Please keep at it. Obtain a powerful magnet. Attach it to a strong "line". Then see if anything magnetic is down there also. Bamboo poles can't cost much. So attach the camera with a lifeline attached also and send back down. Great start thus far buddy... keep at it. Best wishes..... Brad

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check out this GHOST figure about 40 minutes deep in this undocumented cave I found. Left side (red circle). Can you see the mouth, left ear, nose, eye, cheek bone and maybe a hairline? I was actually trying to photo the green circle. I was interested in WHAT DID THESE 5 HORIZONIAL LINES this deep in the cave? When I got home the figure on the left (red circle) showed up. My buddy pointed it out to me.

There is NOTHING there..... nothing!!! And I mean if we crawled back there this figure is NOT THERE but those horizontal lines are!!!

Attachments

• Cave Face.jpg
    Cave Face.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
OP
OP
menotomymaps

menotomymaps

Jan 23, 2007
U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"dangling the camera on a rope gives us no control. We need a pole or something. The mound has a pear shape and we cannot get to the sides using a rope."

Exactly.... remember I suggested earlier using 10 ga. - 12 ga. household wiring to tape / mount camera on? This was so you could turn camera around (more) under control. Now a pole at the extreme depth required would be best to go left and right outside of top opening's diameter due to "pear" shape... duh. Did you drop a weighed line from top to see how deep and measure?

Good job thus far.... Please keep at it. Obtain a powerful magnet. Attach it to a strong "line". Then see if anything magnetic is down there also. Bamboo poles can't cost much. So attach the camera with a lifeline attached also and send back down. Great start thus far buddy... keep at it. Best wishes..... Brad

Yeah, heavy wiring would have helped a lot. I was looking at aluminium conduit today for the next visit. It's a 3 foot opening at the top and probably 16 feet or more at the bottom.

zdawg3579

Feb 23, 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I think the next step for me would be magnet or a large treble hook on a strong fishing line. I think the magnet would be more likely to pull up something interesting, but the treble hook would help you to clean some of those limbs (or at least what look like limbs) out to get a better view of things down there.

Keep those pics and vids coming when you get them!!

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I think the next step for me would be magnet or a large treble hook on a strong fishing line. I think the magnet would be more likely to pull up something interesting, but the treble hook would help you to clean some of those limbs (or at least what look like limbs) out to get a better view of things down there.

Keep those pics and vids coming when you get them!!

I wouldn't use fishing line, nylon boat rope would be better imho

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't use fishing line, nylon boat rope would be better imho

I guess I should have clarified that I have a catfishing pole with 250# spectra line on it for these types of adventures.... but yea, regular old 15# mono would nod work well...

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I should have clarified that I have a catfishing pole with 250# spectra line on it for these types of adventures.... but yea, regular old 15# mono would nod work well...

Gotcha, just be careful with those super braids etc. I have seen them lop off fingers like a warm knife through butter

OP
OP
menotomymaps

menotomymaps

Jan 23, 2007
U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are those pieces of something towards the end of the video? It doesn't look organic, like a sheet of something.

It looks to me like a flat piece of granite laying on the ground.
There are pieces of something that look like cloth in the raw video. I'll make a clip.

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to know for sure, but I see a lot of sheets like that made of algae when I'm ice fishing. Granted, that water gets sunlight, where as I doubt yours does with a cement cap.

OP
OP
menotomymaps

menotomymaps

Jan 23, 2007
U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been following this post for about 6 months, and I've been waiting for the photos and video too… Well for some reason when I click to view the videos, I get a message that says "This video is private." Is there another way that I can view it?

Can ya see 'em now?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions