What's new

A little gold, a little silver, a large copper

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2004
Messages
1,265
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vermont
Got out a few times this last week. Found a 14K gold charm of a baby shoe. A silver ring, a New Jersey copper, a Cascarets laxative token, (Best for the Bowels), a nice pewter button and an old do dad possibly a finial of some type. The NJ copper is badly worn, so I can't tell if it is a 1787 or 1788. Not a bad week. Thanks for looking...Lance
 

Attachments

  • Metal Detecting Finds 2007 131a.webp
    Metal Detecting Finds 2007 131a.webp
    4.6 KB · Views: 612
  • Metal Detecting Finds 2007 133b.webp
    Metal Detecting Finds 2007 133b.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 599
Upvote 0
Looks like you had a great hunt! Nice saves!
Mike
 
NJ coppas are sweet! I excavated one this year, too. Gotta love the look of green coppa in the hole! ;) :D
 
comfyinvermont,

very nice group of finds.

"Best for the Bowels" ;D, is neat.

Thanks for posting.

have a good un.....
SHERMANVILLE
 
KirkPA said:
NJ coppas are sweet! I excavated one this year, too. Gotta love the look of green coppa in the hole! ;) :D
I agree. I love this sight as well. Gets your blood pumping!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0621.webp
    IMG_0621.webp
    77.6 KB · Views: 552
Great job comfy. Any chance we can get a closer picture of the Jersey coppa?
 
Great finds! Keep em coming!
 
I got a Cascarets token last week, too; now if only I could find one of those Coppas! Good stuff!
 
very nice as usual lance! i agree with the others, can we get a closeup of the copper!
 
KirkPA said:
Comfy buddy, could you post a betta pic of that coppa?

As I said. The copper is in pretty bad shape, but here is a closer picture of it....Lance
 

Attachments

  • Metal Detecting Finds 2007 122b.webp
    Metal Detecting Finds 2007 122b.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 301
I haven't even broken into the 1800's yet....It wouldn't matter the condition for me,as long as I knew what it was would make my day.Sweet dig's Lance.....HH!!
 
Thanks for the picture Buddy. It looks pretty good to me. Any colonial that you can identify is a good colonial. I've found 2 this year that were far worse than that and totally unidentifiable. At least you can narrow the date down to a couple of years. Thats almost as good as having a date. I like the lighter green patina on that coin. it definately gives it character.
 
Also found a Cascarets token several years ago. Heads I win Tails you lose. Also found a baby shoe charm (sterling) . Got two real small shoes. The smallest .925 I have ever found. Looks like a great hunt for you.
 

Attachments

  • Cas001.webp
    Cas001.webp
    74.4 KB · Views: 225

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom