A little gold and silver

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped by a yard sale on way to visit my mother Saturday looked at the jewelry on table and asked how much for gold necklace and silver bracelet? Answer 3$ each ok i say thank you and pocket the items. I saw sterling marks on bracelet and the necklace heavy enough to possibly be gold.Get to my moms weigh them amazingly both are 16 grams. So on Monday I go to a jeweler near my work with we by gold sign in window.He confirms weight and says 14 K and tells me gold spot is 1150 since I had checked and it was 1275 an ounce I new that I wasnt selling it to them they offered $210 to me and I said I decided to keep it. I buyerhad rea on here a post by Hoser John in the gold forum about a buyer on Madison ave in Sacramento behind Mcdonalds. So I take it in today get $304 for 16 grams 14k they were nice and exceeded my want to sell price by $4. Also got a coupon for 5% bonus for next gold I sell. So you should shop around the gold buyers as there is a big difference in prices. I did make more than my 10% markup (family joke about making 100 times your cost.) on the gold necklace when I sold it. I will be out looking again this weekend.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Outstanding cazisme.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
80% is pretty good for scrap prices. I probably would have held onto it myself but that's just me. Congrats on a good score with a quick flip. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions