What's new

A little good luck, mixed with a whole lot of bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter michigan michael
  • Start date Start date
M

michigan michael

Guest
I have been whining that all I can find was clad! I never found anything old! I keep saying, " I would be happy with finding a wheatie!" I know I need a new detector and now it will have to come to that. I will get to that reason in a minute. I went to the place that I call my piggy bank. Its an old fair ground from the late 50's to late 80's. I usually have a half to full flannel shirt pocket full of change by the time I am done. I dug 6 Quarters, 43 memorial pennies, 21 dimes, and two nickles. nice little score. Ohh and guess what? I pulled that wheatie finally! :headbang: I was stoked! My first oldie! kind of. 1944 S was the date. Well my piggy bank started to put my detector to sleep. I was only getting weak pull tab signals so I decided to go hit an old school that is now a township hall. Nobody was there so I decided to wait until I can get permission. I parked in the parking lot and walked down to this bridge along the Raisin River. This is about 13 miles away from the war of 1812 battlefield where the British and Indian forces slaughtered a bunch of Kentucky malitia. A rally cry of remember the raisin was know through out the war. The bridge has trails leading down the riverr banks on both sides. This particular spot is a popular fishing site all through the summer. There is always people lined up along the banks. I ventured back into the woods a few feet and found a pile of lime stone and boulders in the woods along the river. I found a concrete tub about 2 foot deep and 6 foot long. No clue what this is or why this was there. I was really starting to think I may of found an old homestead or campsite. I was excited and did hit a couple of deep signals but, did not dig. I know there are always people fishing here but to dig something up and take it ( in my eyes) would be stealing, without getting permission from the land owner. Ear to ear smiles I come out of the trail and one step.......rolled my ankle, busted my pin pointer and messed my detector up! :angry4: I still had a hike back to the parking lot and that was pretty painful. Went to the ER and found out it was a severe sprain and have to stay off it for a while :sad11:
I also lost my camera when I fell so, I cant even post pics of the site! bummer! I still found my first oldie though! :tard:
 

Attachments

  • penny1.webp
    penny1.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 281
  • penny2.webp
    penny2.webp
    11.6 KB · Views: 277
  • busted leg.webp
    busted leg.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 267
Yeah its a real bummer! I will have to watch everyone else posts. I have a couple thing to post yet so, that will give me a little something to do .
 
Gettin hurt sucks . Having a find has to ease the pain somewhat .
Get well soon ; good weather is on it's way .
 
High ankle boots with treads on them from now for you!
Congrats on clearing the sweet wheatie off your list, now it's time for some gold, you've earned it!
 
Sorry to hear of your bad luck :( At least you got a Wheatie.

But for the township hall. If it is a public place do not ask, just go detecting, or better yet, if it is public and you and I are the public, I say it's ok and you can ask yourself too :wink: Asking on a public place just gives some person power over you in their ability to say no. I never go looking on private land without permission but public property I pay taxes on is a different story.

Good Luck.
 
"If it wasn't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all"! (Hee Haw quote). Sorry to hear about your injury. I have always been accident prone and have to be extra careful everywhere I go! This started when I was 5 and fell out of the car and my Mom ran over me! (Ruptured Spleen, 8 broken ribs two weeks in the hospital). Then there was the time the deer jumped out of a tree and stabbed me in the groin and I had to kill him in hand to hand combat. (Seventeen stitches, and just missed an artery). And on and on and on up until I fell out of a tree and broke my back in 3 places and broke another 8 ribs)! 10 weeks in hospital, two surgeries and permanently disabled. So, if anyone goes to a dangerous spot with me they are entirely safe, might have to carry me out though when I try to kill myself by some nefarious means! Enough about me, get well and get back out there! Monty
 
Monty said:
"If it wasn't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all"! (Hee Haw quote). Sorry to hear about your injury. I have always been accident prone and have to be extra careful everywhere I go! This started when I was 5 and fell out of the car and my Mom ran over me! (Ruptured Spleen, 8 broken ribs two weeks in the hospital). Then there was the time the deer jumped out of a tree and stabbed me in the groin and I had to kill him in hand to hand combat. (Seventeen stitches, and just missed an artery). And on and on and on up until I fell out of a tree and broke my back in 3 places and broke another 8 ribs)! 10 weeks in hospital, two surgeries and permanently disabled. So, if anyone goes to a dangerous spot with me they are entirely safe, might have to carry me out though when I try to kill myself by some nefarious means! Enough about me, get well and get back out there! Monty
lol! I think I found my twin! ;D I was 15 riding my bicycle home from football pratice,( lived in the country) and can you guess what happened to me?????? I think I am THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD TO HIT A DEER ON A BICYCLE! It was dusk and I could hear something coming out of the field...... Not knowing what was coming after me I peddled faster and out of the cat tailed ditch line jumped a buck! smack! I was down and I dont know if I hit my head or what but, I swear that deer was laughing! :angry1: I was hurt and my tire and rim was bent. ahhh Karma is a beach cause his brother tasted good! ;D
 
Scott (Mich) said:
Sorry to hear of your bad luck :( At least you got a Wheatie.

But for the township hall. If it is a public place do not ask, just go detecting, or better yet, if it is public and you and I are the public, I say it's ok and you can ask yourself too :wink: Asking on a public place just gives some person power over you in their ability to say no. I never go looking on private land without permission but public property I pay taxes on is a different story.

Good Luck.
Thanks for the permission Scott! :thumbsup: I agree with what you said.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom