What's new

A little head

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this little guy at an early 1800s site but I don't believe it is anywhere near that old. It looks to be cast. Just curious if anyone might have an idea what it is?
 

Attachments

  • 20200311_173523.webp
    20200311_173523.webp
    135.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 20200311_173441.webp
    20200311_173441.webp
    90.3 KB · Views: 79
I thought that title was an offer, No Idea what you found but got my attention
 
Upvote 0
Sorry, I don't go that route!:laughing7: But, it did get your attention. Maybe someone will know what it is.
 
Upvote 0
Kinda looks like the Cracker Jacks kid?
 
Upvote 0
I thought that title was an offer, No Idea what you found but got my attention

Randy, you and I think along very similar lines. :laughing7:

Interesting find, looks early-19thc... maybe a 'flush-mounted figure' from a clock face? :icon_scratch:
Dave
 

Attachments

  • 265f76ab6d2128c5513b8435647d5e9e.webp
    265f76ab6d2128c5513b8435647d5e9e.webp
    111.3 KB · Views: 67
Upvote 0
Buster Brown toy that came with a pair of shoes?
 
Upvote 0
He's wearing a tri-corner hat, right?

I'm thinking part of a "Spirit of '76" decorator item.

Bookend?

The-Spirit-of-76-Exeter-Co-Operative-Bank-Banthrico.webp
 
Upvote 0
If its lead it may be from a 2-D toy figure.
 
Upvote 0
It might never get identified but it has had over 500 views! It's all in the wording folks!:laughing7:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom