A little help with a question?????

MichaelB

Aug 13, 2005
Mobile Bay, Alabama
I have a hypothetical question:

Hurrican Katrina moved a tremendous amout of water through Mobile Bay. Hypothetically, if I was walking along the beach off of Fort Morgan and found a US box plate and some bullets laying on top of the beach would I be OK or would I be violating some ridiculous law? Keep in mind the USS Tecumseh is only about 175 feet from the beach.

Thanks.

Mike B

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You Can't get in Trouble,

If you Don't Get Caught? ;)

? ? ? ? ? ?

maryronapa

Tenderfoot
Aug 10, 2005
:-X Just don't make the mistake of talking about it. What nobody knows can't hurt you unless you are stupid enough to tell them!

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
When we find something terrific, we tend to want to share our finds with others. This sometimes is not the best thing to do. Particularly in your hypothetical case. I would also not post what I would hypothetically find either. It is a shame that we live in a world that tends to be this way. Would be nice if we could always just be open and honest about what we find. I usually try to show everything that I find to the people whose property I hunt on. In most cases I can be and do. Every once in a while you find someone, who you are just not sure you can be totally honest with, you know, they want everything. I don't mind sharing or spliting, but not to give up everything..No way...Lance

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some time you just have to pick it up out of the hole put it in your goody bag and keep on digging as to find enough clad to cover it up...........

Kermit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread