What's new

A little silver a day keeps the blues away!

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
1,977
Reaction score
3,194
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to make the most of the good weather and working permissions that were left alone during the dry summer. Spent an hour on a scouting mission at one property and another hour at another that yielded the GW recently...........

1113 Keepers.webp

The live .22 round goes with the handful of other live ordinance to be turned over to LEOs at the end of the season.

The keepers are a '57 Canadian cent and 4 wheats (35, 36, 37 and 58). Also the decorative brass orb that may have been a drawer handle/pull. a brass sea horse button and the vintage silver puzzle ring.............ring/silver numbers 47/14.............

Thanks for lookin' in and hope your weather is just right for detecting.......and, as always, good luck!!
 
Upvote 30
tn_outstanding.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
Nice Chizzy nice!
 
Well done Chizzy, great weather and another chance to get out swinging the coil. The heck with scouting on a permission, unless it's a short time sensitive hunt or the gut tells you otherwise. I grid all permissions/yards at least once. If I find some great targets I like to grid those sites a total of 3 times before I mosey back in at zero disc and listen for the deep iffy's every now and then. Silvers are not out of the question at those sites since you pulled wheat. There have been many sites that I have have hunted, knowing they were hit before, you still have a chance, just think outside the box and hunt the areas others may have not bothered with. If the property has a house with shrubs, detect under and behind the bushes and sweep under aged pine trees and other firs. Those are the 2 areas that have produced for me.

Stay in touch, we definitely need to meet the next time you're in the area.
 
Well done Chizzy, great weather and another chance to get out swinging the coil. The heck with scouting on a permission, unless it's a short time sensitive hunt or the gut tells you otherwise. I grid all permissions/yards at least once. If I find some great targets I like to grid those sites a total of 3 times before I mosey back in at zero disc and listen for the deep iffy's every now and then. Silvers are not out of the question at those sites since you pulled wheat. There have been many sites that I have have hunted, knowing they were hit before, you still have a chance, just think outside the box and hunt the areas others may have not bothered with. If the property has a house with shrubs, detect under and behind the bushes and sweep under aged pine trees and other firs. Those are the 2 areas that have produced for me.

Stay in touch, we definitely need to meet the next time you're in the area.

Thanks for the advice, Loco-Digger. When we spoke, I asked you the average size of the yards/lots you search. The city lots that I have permissions for are 2 to 4 times the size you are used to. So, I usually scout for the ash pit, the privy area and the clothes line for starters........and the old trees or depressions where trees may have been, shrubs and hedges. I do concentrated searches in those areas, then grid the property as time permits. I have yet to get one to the point where I can zero out the discrimination. Of course, the Compadre is limited on depth, but I have been pulling wheats at 6" and the GW was 8" deep with disc set on the "l" of foil......which is where I typically run disc. I do occasionally thumb the disc when I get a signal that is iffy.
I really enjoyed our conversation and was looking forward to meeting. It was a disappointment that my schedule didn't have enough leeway for us to get together. I know that we will be planning a trip in March 2017, not sure if there will be another before then. Until then, keep pulling everything you can from Mother Earth........I always enjoy your threads and pics! I may contact you from time to time with a question or two..........thanks again!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom