What's new

A little Silver and a Titanic find ( not really )

tmosc

Full Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2015
Messages
132
Reaction score
248
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back at it today. Here is the best of the The hunt. Found a cool older button and it still had some of the thread attached to the back. I could just picture a little girl leaving school on a brisk Ohio winters evening and realizing she had lost a button. Next I have a 1938 Merc' in pretty damn good condition. No polishing here folks. That's actually what it looks like after knocking the dirt off of it. Finally. My Titanic find. Anyone know why I call this 1912 Wheatie a Titanic find ? It's a little toasty but not as bad as the camera lens made it out to be. Good luck everyone and Happy Hunting !! IMG_20151014_174350.webpIMG_20151014_174426.webpIMG_20151014_173511.webpIMG_20151014_173657.webpIMG_20151014_173817.webpIMG_20151014_173913.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 12
Super nice 1938 dime.:hello2:Now if it just had full split bands to boot.:laughing7:
 
Last edited:
ill take silver anyday
 
Titanic was a British passenger liner that sank in the North Atlantic Ocean in the early morning of 15 April 1912. Congrats on the nice Merc.
 
Congrats on your gorgeous Merc dime & your other finds today! :occasion18::blob9::occasion18: Andi
 
THATS A 38 SPECIAL FIND ....
 
Titanic was a British passenger liner that sank in the North Atlantic Ocean in the early morning of 15 April 1912. Congrats on the nice Merc.

We have a winner ! 1912. As soon as I made out the date it's the first thing I thought of. I would love to dive on that wreck someday but I don't have expendable income.
 
Thanks L.D.
 
lil silvers still count too don't be hatin'!!! Great saves!
 
It's unusual to see dug coins in the shape that your 38 merc is in - Nice Find .
 
It's unusual to see dug coins in the shape that your 38 merc is in - Nice Find .

And it was almost on top of the soil. A Church bought this old school and has been removing the shrubs along the front of the building. I ran the detector over a pile of dirt that they had dug up and there it was. I actually found another earlier in the year that was just as nice !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom