What's new

A little snow

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,578
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a small snowstorm finally come in yesterday, maybe 4 inches total. Out today and saw they didn't get nothin below 9,000 ft. elevation. Roads stayed good, even though there was a 70 car pile up on I-70 west of the tunnels due to the weather and HUA drivers. Both Green Mtn. reservoir and Lake Dillon are way down. They usually draw them down this time of year in anticipation of spring run-off, but I doubt they fill back up
4-14z.webp
4-15zz.webp
4-15ww.webp
4-15yy.webp
4-15xx.webp
 
Well cyzak I got a cover. However, we had so much wind it was scratchin up the finish. So I buffed the scratches out and decided maybe to put up with the snow, which wasn't much this winter.
 
What is a HUA driver?
 
Nailed it robertk. In their defense, this is how that happened. They were eastbound on 70. On our side of the tunnel the weather was tolerable and road conditions good. The tunnel is 1.7 miles long, and I'm sure they were doing the limit of 55. When they came out on the east side, it was a whole different situation. Road snow packed, high winds, and almost white out conditions. Which they could have noticed as they exited the east portal. Down the hill a truck pulling a trailer jackknifed and set off the whole thing. Some of the tow truck drivers out there said a lot of the vehicles did not have sufficient tread on their tires for those conditions, so they were pretty much screwed. CSP is still figurin all that out and they could probably issue a lot of citations. All of us locals were just thankful there were no fatalities.
 
WOW, I sure hope that is what heaven looks like, if it does, I'm ready to go.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom