What's new

A LITTLE TOAST FROM THE MOUNTAIN

against the wind

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2015
Messages
24,896
Reaction score
24,983
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What could have been an all day affair waiting for the plumbers to make repairs turned into a simple fix and that allowed me to revisit The Mountain" yesterday. I was packed up and on the road by 10 a.m. Although the weather is getting a little nippy, especially north of the city, I managed to get to the area I wanted to hunt in about an hour and 15 minutes. The coil was swinging and the first coin was dug around 11:30 a.m.
I hit an area that I believe I have pounded pretty good over the past year. There had been a few rainstorms around The Mountain area in the previous week. I guess I was hoping the saturated soil would wake up a few silver signals but it was not meant to be. It did appear to wake up a few Nickel signals though. It never ceases to amaze me. As was previously mentioned, "I Pounded This Area Pretty Good Earlier This Year," and yet I ended up asking that question,, How did I miss that?
This hunt was all about low tone signals. One target on the E-Trac registered 12-26. That can be a gold ring. It turned out to be a genuine Brass Lady's ring. It was joined about an hour later by a Genuine Brass men's ring. Most of the LOW TONE signals that I ended up digging were Nickels. I recovered a total of15. That number included 3 Liberty Head and a Buffalo. The obverse side of the Buffalo is Toast as well as the V-Nickels although I was able to get the dates off 2 of the 3 that I recovered. I also dug 10 wheat pennies and 2 of them were toasted to the point where seeing the dates was impossible.
So all in all, what could have been a wasted day waiting for the plumbers to fix some pipes in my apartment, turned into a good day on The Mountain.
My finds for the day were: 12q, 29d, 11n, 23 memorials, 10 wheat pennies, ( 25, 39, 41(2), 44, 45, 47, 52d & 2 Toasted), 3 Liberty Head Nickels, (1890, 1902, & 1 Toasted), a Toasted Buffalo Nickel, as well as 2 Canadian Pennies, (72 & 91).
I also recovered a spoon, a Madonna with child medallion, and 2 Genuine Brass Rings.
My Silver Coin Total For 2015 is now 137
IMG_1903.webpIMG_1902.webpIMG_1905.webpIMG_1906.webpIMG_1907.webpIMG_1908.webpIMG_1910.webp
 
Upvote 16
great hunt atw....godda luv it..:occasion14:
 
Looks like you made great use of your time. 91 coins, 2 rings, and some artifacts. Awesome hunt. :notworthy:
 
. It never ceases to amaze me. As was previously mentioned, "I Pounded This Area Pretty Good Earlier This Year," and yet I ended up asking that question,, How did I miss that?
I recovered a total of15. That number included 3 Liberty Head and a Buffalo.

I think the bigger the area the harder it is to hunt out, and like you said soil moisture (either bringing a coin in or phasing it out).
If I did not know any better, I could swear the EMI whether originating from nearby electronic instruments or just natural sources always comes to play no matter what brand detector you have.
((Both man-made and natural sources generate changing electrical currents and voltages that can cause EMI: automobile ignition systems, cell phones, thunder storms, the Sun, and the Northern Lights. EMI frequently affects AM radios. It can also affect cell phones, FM radios, and televisions.))
I also believe each time you take something out you also allow something else to be discriminated back in.

Just my observations from time spent swinging a coil.

NICE once again ATW!!!
 
Last edited:
You did well in a place previously hunted. moisture in the ground really helps in finding coins and other stuff.
 
NICE FINDS ATW ....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom